They are human too

Any off topic discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
tincup
Legend of Golf

They are human too

Post by tincup »

Poor Kevin Na...

He is playin in the Texas Valero Open this week... TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks Course) · San Antonio, Texas

In his opening round, he carded a 16 on the par 4, 9th hole. He got in the woods and had to hack it out... hack, hack, hack.... He finished the front 9 with a nifty 47... +11.

To his credit, he smiled about it. He kept his cool and shot a 33 (-3) on the back 9 for an 80 total... not too bad considering. In spite of his disaster, there were still 3 other players who shot worse than he did.

Apparently this is far from a record... Tommy Armor got a 23 on some hole back in 1927. :eek: Didn't get the details.
I guess John Daly got an 18 on some tantrum filled hole a few years ago... :laugh:

Dar
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: They are human too

Post by SteveHorn »

Dar! The pro's seem to pull off so many great recovery shots they have a difficult time making the right choice to pick up the ball and take a drop (penilty) or distance and drop.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Re: They are human too

Post by bryce »

I occasionally play with a friend of mine who has, for the lack of a better word, handicapped legs. He was in an auto accident and has problems walking, much less swinging a driver. We played the other day and he had, I believe, an 11, a 10 and a couple of 9's. He shot a 132. This was the same day Kevin Na had a 16, so I sent him a text to let him know that a PGA player had 5 more shots than his worst! He responded the same way Na did, with laughter. It's guys like my friend Brad and Kevin Na that make you realise that it's just a game, no matter what level you're on.