NCAA Basketball Tournament

Any off topic discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Re: NCAA Basketball Tournament

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Well Butler played the most horrible game of the season, and what a bad time for it to happen. Taking nothing away from U-Conn who played a great defensive game, but neither of these teams would have made it this far and both would have lost last night if they had been playing any other teams.

But I found this article on Yahoo! Sports this morning. Butler lost a game but they didn't lose their hearts and souls. Very touching.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball ... way_040511
Robert D. Wagers
Shotmaker

Post by Robert D. Wagers »

As they say, I didn't have a "dog-in-the-fight!" But I was "rooting" for Butler too!
It was a surprisingly low-scoring game! It seemed like both teams were trying to live by the 3-pointer!
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Yes, the final game was a low-scoring affair, but I think that is understandable considering the enormous pressure on those young players. The media hype surrounding that game was off the charts.

All in all, I think this was one of the most entertaining tournaments we have seen for years... maybe ever... Lots of close games, upsets, emotions, etc. There were many games decided by 1,2 or 3 points. There was even the Cinderella team (VCU) that wasn't even supposed to be there... good stuff.

Congrats to UConn for a hard-fought win.

Dar