NCAA Basketball Tournament

Any off topic discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

NCAA Basketball Tournament

Post by SteveHorn »

Anyone interested in filling out a bracket I found the best one at the following web site. It has all the match ups, records of each team, location of all first round games and tv times.http://st.snimg.com/pdf/ncaa-basketball ... racket.pdf
bryce
Legend of Golf

Re: NCAA Basketball Tournament

Post by bryce »

Thanks Steve! I'm filling a bunch out this year. We have a group at work that usually generates a pot of $1,000 or so. ESPN.com allows you to fill out 10 for free, and a perfect bracket is worth $1 million. Same with Yahoo and CBS.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Ok ! The tournament is in full swing now and day 2 of tournament play ( day 1 for most brackets ) is complete. I filled out only 2 brackets and duplicated them in different contest. I went 12 wins 4 losses in both. I did have Louisville making the sweet 16 before losing. I had Old Dominion beating Butler which Butler won with .3 seconds left and I had Missourri making the sweet 16. Other then that I did great.

How is everyone else doing so far
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

I'm doing pretty good in a few brackets, but horrible in others. ESPN allows you to fill out 10 for free. and I have one at 96.7% (compared to everyone else's brackets). I had another one that had 13.2%. My brackets for our work pool are still ok. I have Wisconsin in the Final 4 in one of them. It's been fun to watch so far, especially since I just saw Kyrie Irving playing for Duke again!
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Doron! I have my Buckeyes playing your Blue Devils in the Final 4. I went 13 wins 3 lost on Friday in both brackets making me 25 wins 7 lost for the 1st round. The 4 games I flip flopped in the brackets broke even.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

The Buckeyes look sharp but my brackets went down the tubes over the weekend. I only have 7 correct picks of teams to reach the sweet 16. I had both Pitt & Notre Dame playing each other in the final 4 and both are out already. I've only got 5 teams alive to reach the elite 8 and 2 in the final 4 Buckeyes & Blue Devils.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

I've got 9/16, 6/8, 3/4 and 2/2 remaining. Unfortunately the 2 teams I'd like to see go all the way are playing each other next (Butler, Wisconsin) then after that I don't really care. Looking at the brackets I don't see any way that Kansas won't make the championship game. OSU still has to face (probably) NC and Duke, Duke has UConn and OSU in front of them. 50-50?
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

I was proud of my Michigan guys. They gave Duke a run for their money in a game everyone thought would be a blowout. It did look like Duke was going to run away with it for a while in the first half, but Michigan came back and almost pulled it out. A last second shot that would have tied it clanked off the rim.... bummer... Duke wins by 2. In mourning here :( especially when Michigan State lost by ONE point.

There have been a bunch of close games in the tourney this year... fun to watch.

Dar
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Dar! The Wolverines have been playing better & better as the season progressed and I think they should be solid for next season. They're on the right track. The Spartins never seemed to be able to get their act together all season. The early season termoil seemed to do them in.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Steve, Dar: My heart skipped a couple of beats after Nolan Smith missed that second free throw and the guy from Michigan was driving down the court. I just knew he was going to put up a 3 pointer. Michigan really hit alot of 3's in their comeback. John Beilein has done a great job with that team.

There are alot of guys here in NC from WV, and hate Beileine (and Rich Rod) with a passion! Those guys are all Big East and are not happy that only 2 of their 11 teams made the Sweet 16, but 3 of the 4 ACC teams are in.

My brackets are shot, except for 1 on ESPN.com that I picked some wild stuff on. It was my last entry (of 10), so I have 13 of the 16 right for now. Who would have thought Richmond, Marquette, Butler, Virginia Commonwealth and Florida St would have made it this far? NOT ME!