Stan

Any off topic discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Stan

Post by tincup »

Anyone heard from Stan? His last post was 12/20/15... He usually posts daily. I am getting worried. :shrug:
Dar
DC#1
Tour Contender

Re: Stan

Post by DC#1 »

I was wondering that too. Did he go some where over the holidays?
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Good to see you back Stan :wavey:
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Haven't seen Stan in a while again but saw it's his birthday today. :birthday: if you see this, hope you're doing well.
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Post by Terry Grayson »

I haven't been here in a while..

I was perusing facebook earlier and cleaning up some friends list stuff... I came across Stan's page that had been deactivated... I wondered what happened and knew I hadn't heard from him in a long time
I googled him and found the following

Ill never forget those long nights Me, Stan, fabita, and Southernrepub would stay up until 4 or 5 in the morning even on work nights playing this game.... He called me Punkass every chance he got

god bless our friend......

Stanislaus J. Nehilla, 77, of Bethlehem, passed away January 7, 2018. He was the loving husband of 51 years to Lorraine A. (Zamadics) Nehilla. Born in Bethlehem, he was the son of the late Stephen and Anna (Wysakowski) Nehilla. He served in the U.S. Navy during the Vietnam War. Stanislaus worked previously for the Catholic Diocese of Allentown at Holy Saviour Cemetery. He was a member of Saints Simon and Jude Catholic Church, where he served as an alter server. Survivors: wife- Lorraine A. Nehilla; children- Stephen J. Nehilla and wife Melanie of Mechanicsburg, John T. Nehilla at home, Karen M. Griffiths and husband John of Arlington Heights, IL; 10 grandchildren; brothers- Francis Nehilla of West Chester, Gerald Nehilla of Allentown, Henry Nehilla of Holmes Beach, FL. Services: A calling time will be held on Friday, January 12th 10-11AM with Mass of Christian Burial to follow at 11AM all in Saints Simon and Jude Catholic Church 730 W. Broad St. Bethlehem, PA 18018. Burial to follow in Holy Saviour Cemetery. Contributions: Contributions can be made in his memory to the church care of Downing Funeral Home, Inc.
Published in Morning Call on Jan. 9, 2018
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Ah damn. This really sad news. :( Another one of our PGA "family" gone. Rest in peace my friend. You will be missed.
Dar
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Post by Terry Grayson »

Just heart breaking Dar.... Stan was a good man....

Hope you and the gang are well.... Still playing in the afternoons?
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

So sorry to hear this. :( I had a feeling that might have been the case when I made that birthday post though since it had been so long since we heard from him. I appreciated his efforts with the Wit & Wisdom of Golf thread to help keep the community active and to help with clearing out the occasional spammer posts we got. I played a few rounds of PGA 2000 with him as well but it's been so long now that that's about all I remember. You guys knew him better than me but I know he was a good guy in the little bit of time I interacted with him.

I've played a few of your courses on The Golf Club 2 Terry, really nice work. I just can't get into the game play of that game to play it more than once a week when a few of my friends from WGC 2011 get together and play it. Hoping the future of PC golf games is better than it looks.
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

I was afraid that was why we hadn't heard from Stan in a long time. I really enjoyed his wit and wisdom posts as well. He will be missed.
Pyecraft
Scratch Golfer

Post by Pyecraft »

Such sorrowful news, what a sad day to learn of Stan's passing.

His patient helpful manner with PGA's quirks, fixed many an issue for me throughout this long association. I still have the game discs that Stan troubled himself to burn, package and mail off to me in the UK before I left for some remote travels way back. Stan was an all-star, whose reliable sunny presence greeted everyone warmly with each log-in and whose forum contribution has, I suspect, been an important cog in keeping our community wheels turning.

Its so impressive Terry, that you cared enough to go trace Stan and discover why he's been missing. These odd golfing bonds don't ever seem to break, do they my friend?

Kudos to you sir.

Pye
May the only balls you slice be your own