Game won't install

Help with questions or problems.
skunkle333
Range Rookie

Game won't install

Post by skunkle333 »

I read the older thread that has the same problem I'm having. Just before completing install it says it can't do the 'uninstall' etc...then
it goes on to say 'installation complete.'

I uninstalled...closed my firewall/protection stuff and re-downloaded and installed and got the same thing.

Maybe it won't work on my pc: Win 7...duo core...4 gig ram...64 bit...ATI Radeon HD 4350.

I always enjoyed this game and way back in the beginning was privileged to be a beta tester a few times. But I don't have the pc now (had the
collector's edition). I just upgraded to a 32" screen and would really like to see how the game looks.

Just wondering if there is any chance it will run on my pc from this site. Before I lost my pc it did run on my pc but the dl version doesn't.

Thanks for your time. I'm 70 now and would just really like to see the game on the big screen.

(I got the old demo from Fileplanet and finally got to enjoy the game on the 32" screen. Runs and looks terrific. Hope I can get the full
game to work.) I'll be checking the Goodwill stores. Actually I think that might be where my old copy went...I gave them a lot of old
games and PGA championship just might have accidentally been in there.
DonaldC7
Range Rookie

Re: Game won't install

Post by DonaldC7 »

Somewhat the same issue on my laptop.. I was able to install the game(or so I thought) but it didnt show up on my list of programs of being "installed".So after some searching, I found the PGA golf application file in the "Bin" folder and got a "Cannot find file,you must re-install PGA golf" message after I clicked on it..And also like you, I found the demo version and it worked perfectly.So I know the full game can run on my machine, just gotta find it!!
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

I'm wondering if there's a problem with the PGA 2000 on this web site. I tried to install it several years ago from this web site and had problems. Thought I must have done something wrong and went ahead and deleted everything then installed the game with my collectors set of disc. Didn't say anything at the time because nobody else had complained and I still had my disc set available.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Two thoughts:

1. I think you are on to something Steve as I recall others having difficulty when downloading the file from here. Maybe we do need to post another file - I could upload my Collector's Edition CDs but it might be a huge upload. The Titanium version is different than the Collector's Edition version IIRC - just enough where it might have more problems with the current versions of Windows than the Collector's Edition does. With new folks starting to come in here it might be worth looking at - Brian any thoughts?

2. I have never experienced any issues with Windows with my set of CDs (have the Collector's Edition). I seem to have less architect issues and less gameplay issues than others as well. You would think the final edition of the game would have some of those things smoothed out and I believe it does.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

If you can compile it into an install package we can host it here. Preferably without the titanium and collectors edition courses though to make it a little less huge. Those can be downloaded separately if the person wants them.
msmvet
Chronic Slicer

Post by msmvet »

Unistall the game, ALL the files, maybe you have to delete some manually. Run ccleaner or another program to clean the registries. Disable antivirus and firewall. Run the game .exe as an administrator. That's what I did after several attemps. Don't know why but maybe some registries or undeleted files prevent the instalation.
I also have some ocx files problem, if you have it, search on the web tutorials to download and install.
Hope it works
skunkle333
Range Rookie

Post by skunkle333 »

Msmvet...

Thanks for the steps but I took them all and still can't get the game to install.

For now...just enjoy the demo from time to time. Sure looks good on my 32" screen.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Brian,

I put all of my collector's cd's in a zip file. I then tried to install it after unzipping and it worked. Not sure about putting it into an install but I can give you the zip file I currently have if that would help. I believe it is close to a gig but I have not used it in awhile so need to double check that. Let me know.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Does that include the extra courses? If so can it be separated from the extra courses? Like with the Titanium version, which is what I have, I know you can choose to install without the Titanium courses, although I've never tried it.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Yes it does. Here is what I have done - I just copied everything on the disks onto my hard drive in the same folder and then zipped it up. If you unzip the folder and then double click on the setup executable then it will run just like when the disks are put into your computer - it works just like a portable install that way if that makes sense. It writes everything to the hard drive just like you had the disks yourself. I do not know how to make it a self-installing zip but it works as long as all of the disk files are in the same folder when you select the setup executable. So if I send you the files they will all be in one large zip. If you know how to make it work better and want to fix it and then repost it that is great - I am clueless on that end. All I can do is upload the disk images of the PGA Collector's Edition in a zip file. I know though that this version has had less problems on my laptop and on my desktop than the current Titanium zip version we have. Like Steve, I had to dig around and find my disks to solve some of my previous issues. I made the zip and tested it out in case I ever lost the disks again. It is my backup install option at this point. I hope all of this makes sense - want to help.