Course Help!

Help with questions or problems.
Spaulding89
Weekend Duffer

Course Help!

Post by Spaulding89 »

Hi Newb here -this game and this site both rock. Ok i'm having trouble getting Whistling Straits to load. i'm using CLSetup and i have the straits library loaded to the libraries, however no matter what i try - i can't get Whistling Straits to appear in the course menu. I'm having the same problem with Colonial as well. I'm trying to mimic the 2015 tour season so this is super frustrating - i can get most of the courses to load no problem -especially anything that is an .xcr file. It's the ones where the course file is just a .clb or .crs where i'm having issues. If anyone can walk me thru some ideas would be much obliged.

i should probably mention windows 8.1, my game runs fairly fine except no opening video, and i have reloaded the game a couple times -last time i ran cc cleaner to try and wipe the remnants -seemed to have sort-of worked? (if anyone can tell me how to 100% wipe all the files, maybe i just need to start fresh?)

PS: been scouring this site and picked up quite a few excellent tips - like #1 - always use a straight edge when playing-was spraying the ball all over the place until i saw this - i've been using the course manual ever since lol. (yes i own the physical game)

thank you and keep creating/playing/discussing!
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Course Help!

Post by SteveHorn »

Spaulding89! It sounds like your probably just missing some libraries required to play those two course's. A (clb) file is a library file not a course file. A (crs) is a basic course file without any libraries in the crs file. If you go to the top of this page and click wear it says PGA 2000 (courses) it has every course and tells you the non stock libraries needed for a course. Any course that doesn't have all the libraries required installed thru your course manager (stock or non stock won't load). Hope this helps
Spaulding89
Weekend Duffer

Re: Course Help!

Post by Spaulding89 »

Hi Steve Horn - thank you but no - that's not the issue - i have all the needed libraries installed. The problem is i can't get the course to appear in the course menu -either in the game or just even in the Course Manager. Your courses are wonderful btw.