Baffled, again.

Help with questions or problems.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Baffled, again.

Post by Polslad »

Because I couldn't get the cloaking tool to work properly any more and the architect was crashing, I uninstalled every library (except the stock course) to enable me to work on Fishers Island.
Thing is, this morning I fancied a game, so I installed a couple of custom libraies to allow me to play, now the game won't run.
Only the stock course will run, any custom course gets the error message (could not inialise course).
I re-installed every custome library I have - same message.
LIT tool is telling me certain libraries are missing, yet these are showing up in the course manager window, the cloaking tool window, and load into the architect, so they are there, it's seems like the game isn't reading them.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Re: Baffled, again.

Post by Polslad »

Never mind, I spent ages manually deleting all library files from all directories.
Seems to be working now.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

David! I Find the Lit tool to be very useful in solving problems playing course's. Libraries can sometimes still be missing even if the course manager says it's installed.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

It's the Grizzly lib giving me trouble.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Back to square 1.
It's various libraries.
Visible in the course manager, cloaking tool, Sierra main folder, stock course libraries visible in their individual folders, but not showing in the architect.
I downloaded and played Jubilee yesterday, so my instalation routes haven't changed, my game is refusing to see libraries that are there.
This severly limits my playing options, course wise.
I wonder if I do a system restore from maybe 2 weeks ago.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

I know the cloaking tool is corrupt, it freezes if I try to use it, I have to use the task manager to close it, hence me deleting all the libraries before I started Fishers Island in the architect.
Thing is, I can't uninstall it, nor can I uninstall the whole PGA game and start again, neither are showing in my control panel as installed.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

I have 2 desktops, from when the game was corrupted in the past.
Everything is working on the mirror desktop.
It seems my course manager is not installing the libraries as requested, but telling me that instalation is complete.
I have always DL everything just into the Sierra folder, when I just tried intalling libraries in the library folder, I got the complete message but nothing was in there.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Narrowing this thing down now, seems to be a problem with the Titanium courses and libraries only.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Could be a program compatability issue.
I have set everything to run at XP, seems to be working now.
Fingers crossed.