Point Reyes Crashing

Help with questions or problems.
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Point Reyes Crashing

Post by LinksLegend »

Steve/Guys,

I'm having trouble playing Point Reyes without the game crashing. Not sure if its libraries (I reinstalled all of the relevant ones for this course) which helped me get through to the 3rd hole, but it crashes each time before loading the tee shot here. In practice if i jump to other holes I can generally get through a hole or nearly a hole but the back 9 and the holes by the coast seem more prone to crashing.

Any ideas about how I might get round this? Thought I'd post here as didn't want to take over the review thread...

Cheers,
LL
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Point Reyes Crashing

Post by SteveHorn »

Duncan! I will give you the entire list of libraries in alphabitical order including stock. Sometimes stock libraries accidently get uninstalled without knowing until needed for a course.
August
Bethpage1
Black Diamond Ranch
Bridges
Buildings
Cabo del Diablo
Canaveral Dunes
Chilton Hills
Coeur d'Alene
Cypress
Evesky2
Gloucester
Monterey Shores
Pasatiempo
Pete Dye
Royal Birkdale
Sahalee
Southwind2010
Stars & Walkways
The Ridges
Walls & Fences
Whisperwood
Wisconsin River CC
I hope this solves your problem. I have'nt heard of anyone else having a problem.
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Post by LinksLegend »

Cheers Steve - not sure which one was to blame, but that did the trick!
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Duncan,

You might also check the modified date on the custom libs. It could be that you may have an older verson of some library. Here is what I have in my Sierra file for the custom libs for this course:

1 August.clb ------ 5/7/2000 06:11 PM
2 Bethpage1.clb ------ 1/21/2002 05:54 PM
3 Chilton Hills.clb ------ 1/4/2002 08:39 AM
4 Cypress.clb ------ 8/16/2001 11:04 PM
5 evesky2.clb ------ 11/24/2001 10:17 PM
6 Southwind2010.clb ------ 8/11/2010 08:21 PM
7 The Ridges.clb ------ 1/9/2008 01:32 PM
8 Wisconsin River CC.clb ------ 12/29/2004 07:51 PM

You might also open the course manager and check each library to assure that none are showing 0 bytes in size. If one is showing 0 bytes, you probably lost a registry pointer somehow... just reinstall that lib.

This kind of problem can be encountered when the game is trying to render a screen and runs into an object not supported by a library defined to the course. The game might run fine until it encounters that object, then it crashes.

Dar
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

whoops... late to the party again... ignore the prior post. Glad you got it fixed Duncan.

Dar
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Post by Terry Grayson »

I went to play it a few ago and Sahalee somehow was uninstalled....

Must be the library gremlins again :)
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Bison had a similar problem with a course a while back.... crashing. We hunted off and on for two days. We checked, double-checked and triple-checked all libs... no apparent problem. We were at a loss. :confused: We never suspected the stock libs.

Solution: He reinstalled all stock libraries. That fixed the problem. We still don't know which one was corrupted, but for sure one of them was.

Dar
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Post by LinksLegend »

Thanks guys - yes it was one of the stock libraries... I think it was Cabo as I tested after pretty much every library reinstall.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

I had a similar problem last summer with CDA. What was weird is that CDA itself would work on my computer but when I tried to play on Kali I got the "libraries altered" message. A reinstall also took care of it, and now I keep all the stock libes in a file on my desktop.