Windows 8.1 Fresh Install

Help with questions or problems.
thecat
Range Rookie

Windows 8.1 Fresh Install

Post by thecat »

Hello all,

I, like so many others here, am returning to "The Game" after a very long hiatus and am excited to get back. Having just purchased a new Windows 8.1 computer and poking through the forums here, I decided to start a new thread to address a fresh install of the game on an 8.1 machine. My hope is to avoid registry edits and/or any other potential issues from the get go. I also thought it might provide the opportunity to have the info posted in one place that is easily identifiable. With that said, could someone please post the .pdf file, which I'm quite certain already exists, that enumerates the step by step process for installing the game on 8.1? All joking aside, any insight on how to go about it will be greatly appreciated!

Watching The Open these past few days has me itching for some Royal Birkdale!

Regards,

thecat
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Re: Windows 8.1 Fresh Install

Post by stillgolfing »

I recently installed PGA2000 on my new laptop (HP Envy with Win8.1-update). Although the install was not problem free, there are several helpful threads in this Tech Forum for problem solving. Key factors are ensure anti-virus and firewall are turned off and this also applies whenever you are downloading courses from this site. There is a good chance that this will allow a clean install. Some installs are missing 3 old active X files (see the " Run-time error '339'... .OCX file missing" thread).
For other issues search this Tech Forum
Good Luck! Dave
When dyslexic golfers hit a wild shot, do they yell erof !? .... stillgolfing
thecat
Range Rookie

Re: Windows 8.1 Fresh Install

Post by thecat »

Hi Dave,

Just wanted to thank you for the timely response. I hope to find some time over the weekend to give installation a try. If/when I do, I'll try to post a reply here in the hopes it might benefit others in the future.

Thanks again,

thecat