Installed Custom Courses not showing up in game

Help with questions or problems.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Installed Custom Courses not showing up in game

Post by stillgolfing »

On my new PC, when I went to play PGA2000 today only the original 12 or so courses showed up. The 50 favorites I recently installed were gone. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that I had to removed my trial version of McAfee today (a sort of complicated process), in order to install my Internet providers version (which I already pay for in my monthly internet fee).
I can see in Course Manager that all the course files and libraries I installed via my transfer USB, are still in the Sierra/PGA2000 directory, so I was wondering if there was a quick and easy way to get them back into the game (it took me about 20 hrs over 4 days to copy and install those courses and libraries via the Course Manager, so I really am not looking fwd to doing it again.
Thanks, Dave
When dyslexic golfers hit a wild shot, do they yell erof !? .... stillgolfing
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Re: Installed Custom Courses not showing up in game

Post by Terry Grayson »

Dave

Not sure why that happened but I am curious why it took 20 hours to load
50 or so courses ? I Installed every library ever created the other day and it took a mere 15/20 minutes

Are you loading them One at a time? Just wondering ? I always have all courses/libraries in one folder
Double click one, when course manager opens in the window o. Left I click top
Course or library the hold shift and click bottom most on list which highlights them all, then click Install
And it installs everything on the list which only takes a few moments or like I said 15/20 mins

You may be doing that but if so that's one more slow computer :)

Terry
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Post by stillgolfing »

Thanks Terry. Originally I couldn't select multiple Libs/Courses from within Course Manager. Had to remove and reinstall PGA2000 anyway due to other issues and now everything seems to be working OK.
Cheers, Dave
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Post by stillgolfing »

More info on this issue. I downloaded a couple of courses yesterday and installed and played them. Today they didn't show up in the courses list. Then I remembered that it was the first time I had downloaded a course since I had done my recent reinstall and when I did that I had reinstalled the top 26 courses at the same time with McAfee turned off (since I knew I needed to do that to install the game). Don't know what McAfee is doing but have confirmed that courses and libraries must be downloaded and installed with antivirus and firewall off. Unfortunately, it appears there is no way to reactivate the missing courses. When downloading and reinstalling, Course Manager asks if you want to overwrite existing, but doing this has no effect. Courses still do not show up in the game. Thankfully it was only 2 courses and In the future I just have to remember to turn McAfee off.
Cheers, Dave