Copying/transferring PG2000 folders to new PC

Help with questions or problems.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Copying/transferring PG2000 folders to new PC

Post by stillgolfing »

I spent some time searching the forums, but didn't find any info on this. I would like to avoid reinstalling (via course manager. ) the 150 or so courses I had installed on my old PC and I have a few ani buddies that I spent sometime tweaking to get them to play as I wanted. Is there a procedure listed anywhere for this? I don't need my player info or tourneys etc., as I want to continue on with the new me I just created.
Thanks Dave
When dyslexic golfers hit a wild shot, do they yell erof !? .... stillgolfing
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Re: Copying/transferring PG2000 folders to new PC

Post by BrianZ111 »

Players are easy, just copy the files over, they are in the players folder at the directory where you installed PGA 2000. For courses there is a registry key created for each installed course. It is possible to copy them to a new computer. When I went from XP to 7 I did this. I just looked around in there, found them, and then copied them into the same place(s) in the registry on the new computer. So if you feel comfortable editing the registry with regedit go for it, otherwise I wouldn't because you can screw something up in there too. If you try it, make a backup of your registry first before doing anything.