Can`t Install

Help with questions or problems.
msmvet
Chronic Slicer

Can`t Install

Post by msmvet »

Hi guys, i`m an old player of this great game and a couple of days ago i started to see if i could find the game again. I`ve downloaded from the utilities section, but when it finish the installation an error like this (Can`t remember exactly) "Cannot create Unistall on key software/program files/sierra/pgachampionship2000/unistall" apeared. I press ok, and says " Installation succesful" but when i run it "Cannot find file. You must re-install pgachampionship" .The pc is a pretty new toshiba with windows 7. I tried to reinstall or compatibility issues but nothing. I appreciate help cause i`m desperate to play again this great game!!!
Thanks
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Can`t Install

Post by SteveHorn »

msmvet! The first thing I would try is turning off all firewalls and anti virus apps. Then do a uninstall thru your "programs and features" section in your control panel (this is in windows 8 not sure about 7). Then try reinstalling with your firewalls and anti virus turned off. Hope this helps. If this doesn't work there are more radical options you can try.
msmvet
Chronic Slicer

Post by msmvet »

Thank you Steve for answering so fast!!! It worked like a charm, i turned off firewall and antivirus, i ran ccleaner to clean registries issues and run the instaler as administrator. Now i`m a very excited old new golfer, my swing is awful but i look forward to recover my old game.
And it came with a plus...the architect!!! Many hours spended creating courses!!! Maybe I sit down and start a real rendition of the Buenos Aires Golf Club in Argentina, who hosted the 2000 World golf Championship-EMC World Cup with Tiger Woods, David Duval, Pardraig Harrington, Mike Weir, Retief Goosen, and others. Is a great course designed by Robert Von Hagge. There`s still people playing on-line??
Thanks again man!! You made me very happy.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

msmvet! Happy that I was able to help! There are about 1650 courses available for download. About 450 are considered (A) listed about another 500 as (B) listed. Also available for download in the utilities section is my recently released 2014 PGA players list. Make sure you download and install patches for the game if needed.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Post by stillgolfing »

I'm in Win 8.1 and encountered the same issue as msnvet. He didn't mention how he deleted the existing files. As noted the uninstaller didn't install so it doesn't show up on the 'Uninstall/Change ''programs list. ' Will deleting the Sierra folder in the 'This PC' programs files list work?
Thanks, Dave
When dyslexic golfers hit a wild shot, do they yell erof !? .... stillgolfing
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Post by stillgolfing »

Today I removed any Sierra and PGA2000 files I could find and then downloaded the installer with Virus Scanner and Firewall turned off. Ran installer but got same messages and issues as previous, which are:
Error: Not enough available memory (at start of install)
Error: Video blank with message 'Video not available, cannot find Vids: IV50 decompressor" (also background voice over is distorted and unintelligible )
Error: Cannot create 'uninstall string' in key 'Software/Microsoft/Windows/PGAChampionship Golf etc, etc
No icons show in Start Menu or Apps list, but all files are in Sierra directory.
Also noted exe file was there but on execute get same message as msnvet.
PC specs are:
HP Envy17 Notebook PC
Windows 8.1 64 bit
Processor - Intel I7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.4 Ghz
8GB Ram
1TB hard drive
Vid1 - Intel HD4600
Vid2 - Nvidia GeForce GT740M
Thanks, Dave
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Dave! Can't say for sure what the problem is so you may want to try a system restore on a date before you started having this problem. If that doesn't work recovery in the control panel area is also an option. If all else fails and you can't figure it out you can do a factory restore. Its hard for me to believe that you don't have enough memory.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Post by stillgolfing »

SteveHorn wrote:Dave! Can't say for sure what the problem is so you may want to try a system restore on a date before you started having this problem. If that doesn't work recovery in the control panel area is also an option. If all else fails and you can't figure it out you can do a factory restore. Its hard for me to believe that you don't have enough memory.
Thanks for the input Steve. This is a brand new PC (1 week old) and PGA2000 was the first program I tried to install. Since then I have installed most of my favorite Graphic Design, Office related and other desk top apps (though not without some troubleshooting and problem solving) and deleted piles of pre installed HP Crapware. All my Apps are running great now, but it was 4 busy days checking the various forums and talking to Microsoft and HP Tech Support who provided various solutions, none of which I wish to experience again. So currently returning to an earlier restore date (day 1) or doing a factory restore are the same thing. As my wife said this morning, "If God wanted you to play golf on your laptop, you'd be up and running by now".:)
Cheers Dave
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Dave! We bought our computer on black Friday. We had 60 days free with Norton Internet Security and everything was fine. Then when the 60 days was up we switched to a different Anti Virus that we had bought earlier and the computer started having all sorts of problems after the switch including with PGA2000. After doing a factory restore and a reinstall of the new anti virus we continued to have problems. So I did another factory restore without installing that new anti virus and things have been fine for the most part. Morrow of the story some things that are supposed to help your computer do the opposite.
msmvet
Chronic Slicer

Post by msmvet »

Hi Dave, I actually did the same as you did and deleted manually all the files I found. I tried to re-install the game but it didn`t work. After I ran the CCleaner (Free download) and clean all registries issues, the game finally was installed. I have basic knowledge about computers but I think that these little pieces of files (Registries) or whatever they are, can block the installation. Firewall and AV must be shutted down also.
That`s all I can do to help you, hope it works!!