Can`t Install

Help with questions or problems.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Re: Can`t Install

Post by stillgolfing »

Thanks msmvet, I will download CCleaner and then try the download and setup again.
Cheers, Dave
When dyslexic golfers hit a wild shot, do they yell erof !? .... stillgolfing
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Re: Can`t Install

Post by stillgolfing »

Thanks for all the help guys. Some good news I did finally get PGA2000 to install.
CCleaner didn't find any PGA2000 related keys and selecting Run as Admin didn't help; so that got me thinking that I should have been running the installer in compatibility mode. When I selected "Troubleshoot App" I was able to select "Run under XP SP3 compatibility" then this selection brought up the "Run as Admin?" selection Window and then the installer ran perfectly. The game and it's subsets showed up on the Start Menu and I guess because the Installer was set to the correct compatibility the game automatically showed up as XP SP3 compatible.
Now I just have to sort out all the playability/video issues that have surfaced, many of which I think I previously encountered when first installing to XP several years ago. I did install the patch, soon after I got the game running. but it didn't resolve the problems I encountered. I'm sure there are earlier posts that address some of these issues, so I'm optimistic I'll soon be good to go.
Cheers, Dave
When dyslexic golfers hit a wild shot, do they yell erof !? .... stillgolfing