Grassy sky appears

Help with questions or problems.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Grassy sky appears

Post by stillgolfing »

I had seen this situation before when replaying certain saved custom course games. I just assumed the save was corrupted and never followed up. Today I encountered it while initially playing a course. Is this a known issue? If so, is there a fix?

Thanks Dave
Attachments
Grassy Sky.jpg
(422.72 KiB) Not downloaded yet
When dyslexic golfers hit a wild shot, do they yell erof !? .... stillgolfing
Diguelo
Chronic Slicer

Re: Grassy sky appears

Post by Diguelo »

The grass sky is a bug that originally developed back in the days when patch 3.3.4.5 was released. The game revolves round old sorry ancient video drivers and Visual C++ libraries. One way of clearing the error up is to do a reinstall OVER the installation you already have, this rewrites the files causing the issue and should clear it up.

Checks you should all make are that your Video and Audio drivers for your computers are all up to date.

Those of you that dont know how to check, follow these instructions.

Find the icon that says "My Computer" OS is irrelevant and right click on it then select properties.
A window will appear, in the index in it, find the DISPLAY ADAPTER setting and click the little plus sign next to it.
A name will appear for your graphics card and its model number. For instance it may say NVIDIA 4500 GT, in which case you go to the site for that card and download the latest driver set for it. Write the name on a piece of paper it is easy to forget and microsoft in their infinate wisdom failed to put a taskbar icon for switching between them.
ATI Graphics cards are now no longer run by ATI but are a conglomerate of AMD so go to http://www.amd.com/ to find the drivers.
Nvidia cards got to the Nvidia.com site.
If you do not have a graphic card and are playing on a laptop then go to the relevant laptop site and search for the computers model number. It is on a silver label on the underside of your computer, then search for the video drivers on there. The majority are INTEL driven and the install process will require the least amount of programs running prior to installation.

ANTI VIRUS should be left ON
FIREWALLS should be left on
SPYBOT in any form or variety should be uninstalled as they have now moved from freeware to robyoustupidware and it doesnt work on the freeversion apart from to screw your machine up. (That in itself brasses me off for the amount time Ive spend sending them fixes for malware and stuff and now they are making money of programs people slaved over for free)
AVG may need to be temporarily disabled.
BULLGUARD may need to temporarily disabled
COMODO INTERNET SECURITY leave it running and follow on screen prompts, If a popup shows asking for the program to be isoplated, click the Never isolate this program again in blue print.

Anyone having installation issues or other issues is more than welcome to contact me directly via my business email admin@pcdatalincs.co.uk or my personal box diguelo@aol.com

Im still around guys.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Re: Grassy sky appears

Post by stillgolfing »

Thanks for the info Diguelo, Much appreciated.
Dave
When dyslexic golfers hit a wild shot, do they yell erof !? .... stillgolfing