Top bar No longer displays

Help with questions or problems.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Top bar No longer displays

Post by stillgolfing »

Gradually, over time, the bar at the top of my screen (in full screen mode) that activates when you move the cursor to the top of the screen, has disappeared. This feature allows a quick exit or a couple of windowed modes (I think?). I can still exit from the FILE "drop down" menu, so it's not a critical issue, but I was wondering if anyone has experienced this and, if so, what is the fix?
Note: This isn't because my display has contracted (I checked those adjustments) It's because the program's display that has expanded beyond my video display.
Thanks, Dave
When dyslexic golfers hit a wild shot, do they yell erof !? .... stillgolfing
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Top bar No longer displays

Post by SteveHorn »

Dave! Has anyone messed with your monitor settings?
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Post by stillgolfing »

Steve;
The first thing I did when troubleshooting this was pull out the monitor's manual and check all adjustments available. Had to do that because in 7 years of usage I never had any reason to make an adjustment. I tested all the applicable controls but I was unable to change the relationship of the PGA 2000 program view to the basic screen view. Still looking at "the windowed" feature of the PGA program to see if I can adjust that window somehow, as basically the full screen window has expanded beyond the screen size.
Cheers, Dave
When dyslexic golfers hit a wild shot, do they yell erof !? .... stillgolfing
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Dave,
Have you recently switched monitors? If so, you might have to mess with the screen resolution settings to get it right.
right click on desktop
click properties
click settings
I have mine set at 1360 x 768
Dar
Diguelo
Chronic Slicer

Post by Diguelo »

Generally if those of you out there are still using CRT (Bulky) monitors, the magnets around the screen start wearing out. Use the system DEGAUSSING in the screen menu, press the M button on your monitor and scroll through the menus, youll find it, this demagnetises the screen and starts the thing shaking from one side to the other, keep using it unitl the shaking has all but disappeared..

Generally it is a slow failure of the LOPTI transformer that generates the high voltage for the screen, a replacement one is easy enough to fit if you can find one.

Those with flat screens remember this game was designed and built around around screens with a 4:3 ratio, not 16:9 like most widescreen monitors today.

As my protege Dar rightly says check your monitor settings, above all, check the monitor ON DESKTOP ONLY, NOT IN THE GAME. This way youll get the correct size of background edges and position. LCD flatscreens are the worst for image spread and can be impossible to get back into the right size and place. Again a lot of messing around with on screen monitor menus NOT computer menus.

Set your computers monitor to a 16:9 resolution before you start, what is 16:9 ratio well the pixels horizontally are 16 times the pixels vertically. A good res to play it on for a good display is 1280 x 720. Once your monitor is on this resolution, then start messing with the monitors menus. Start at DEFAULT and work from there. Usually the degauss will sort it all out, but adjusting the vertical size and horizontal size will help you out.

Any problems or queries email me, diguelo@aol.com or admin@pcdatalincs.co.uk

Hey Dar. Still around and kickin, check your db28 email box.