CANNOT INITIALIZE COURSE MESSAGE

Help with questions or problems.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

CANNOT INITIALIZE COURSE MESSAGE

Post by stillgolfing »

Today, while trying to install The Newfoundland Golf and Boating Club, I encountered the dreaded "Cannot Initialize Course" message. The problem appears to be Program Manager is not finding the library file "ch lib ttd". However, no such file is noted in this courses on line library list. There is a "ch" library file shown, which downloads, unzips, and installs as "CH.clb", but it appears this isn't what Program Manager is looking for. I tried copying, renaming, and installing the CH file as "ch lib ttd.clb", and Program Manager informed me that it is already installed. When I checked the Library List previously, no such name was displayed, however PM asks to overwrite the existing file, which I do, then afterwards, when I check the Library List, there is no still no "ch lib ttd.clb" listed.
This problem seems familiar to an issue that was discussed and resolved a couple of years ago, but my searches didn't pick up anything relevant.
Any links or help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Dave
When dyslexic golfers hit a wild shot, do they yell erof !? .... stillgolfing
tincup
Legend of Golf

Re: CANNOT INITIALIZE COURSE MESSAGE

Post by tincup »

Not sure why you are having problems... There is a library named chlibttd in the A-C library section (following chippewa). This is a totally different lib than the CH lib.

Dar
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Dave! Any library file that already exist in your PGA2000 file but isn't installed won't install from any other source. Open your course manager and click the install button. Then double click PGA2000 on the left side listed (under C drive usually). In the bottom window search for the library you think your looking for, highlight and click the install button. Just because its listed in the folder doesn't mean its installed. If its already installed a window will appear saying ("library already exist do you wish to replace"). Hope this helps
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Post by stillgolfing »

tincup wrote:Not sure why you are having problems... There is a library named chlibttd in the A-C library section (following chippewa). This is a totally different lib than the CH lib.

Dar
Thanks Dar that was the file I needed. For some reason it isn't listed in the libraries on the the Course List, and the error message displayed the missing file name as "ch lib ttd" (with the spaces).
Cheers, Dave
When dyslexic golfers hit a wild shot, do they yell erof !? .... stillgolfing
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

stillgolfing wrote: For some reason it isn't listed in the libraries on the the Course List, and the error message displayed the missing file name as "ch lib ttd" (with the spaces).
Cheers, Dave
Well Dave, it appears you uncovered a small problem. The list of custom libraries associated with that course does show the CH lib in error. It should list the chlibttd library instead. My bad... sorry for the inconvenience.
Dar