2 for 1 course

Help with questions or problems.
bryce
Legend of Golf

2 for 1 course

Post by bryce »

I am about to upload my course with 2 versions, but for some reason, I cannot get both to be on the list in the course manager at the same time. Each time I try to load one into the course manager, it replaces the other. I have tried everything from uninstalling the courses and reinstalling from the zip file to changing file names. I don't get it. I did use the same arch file, but I also did this when I made Big Break Xtreme, and then Hawthorne from that same file with no problems. I hope that anyone downloading both will be able to choose from both.

Any ideas what happened?

Doron
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: 2 for 1 course

Post by SteveHorn »

Doron! Do they both have the exact same name? If they do it will cause a conflict.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

I never even thought of that. The championship version is Dogwood Trail - Championship Edition. Maybe I should do that when i get home.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

I meant to say that one is Dogwood Trail, one is Dogwood Trail - Championship Edition. Not the exact same name, but I still need to take a look at it
J.J.
Chronic Slicer

Post by J.J. »

In the Architect do they both have the same name in the course properties? That might be the issue.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

As Im trying to resolve this issue, I am back to where I was 2 weeks ago with the low memory issue. I will resume tomorrow, and hopefully figure it out.

Did I mention I hate my pc?

Doron
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Check the architect file name as well. One thing I've noticed is if you have a dot in the file name it will only recognize the name up to the dot as a unique name. For example if I have Bull's Eye CC 3.55.ach and Bull's Eye CC 3.56.ach the later one will replace the former when complied. I use this to my advantage in my versioning so that only the latest version shows up in the game when I'm testing. However if I name it Bull's Eye CC 4.00.ach it sees that as a unique name in the game after compiling and I will have two identically named courses showing up in the game. Then I have to figure out which one was the old one and uninstall it. So check to make sure you don't have a dot in the architect file name where both courses have the same name before the dot.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Brian, I had a dash in the Championship name, so I thought that may have been an issue. That didn't fix it either. I have renamed the course in course properties, the arch files, the course file name and even the zip file with different names. Some even starting with numbers.

This is a registry problem I believe, and I will continue to try to figure it out. Until then, I have asked Dar and Brian if they could go ahead and release the Championship Edition.

thanks guys
Doron
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Doron! Have you fixed your upload problem with your shorter version. If you need help with the registry see my post listed in the general discusion area under "Yeah I Guess I'm Qutting" catagory. This gives you a general idea where to look in the registry. Delete any sub key in these areas that have your "course name" listed. Hopefully this helps if you still need it. Make sure you only delete the key with the course name.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Steve, I am going to have to do that. I have tried everything from creating a new user for my pc, to installing the game on my girlfriends laptop and trying on there. Nothing has worked so far. I am running Windows 7 and have seen that the registry names are different from yours. This is the only place I found anything about the architect, but have no clue on what to do with it:
registry.jpg
(75.12 KiB) Not downloaded yet