Polslad Needs Help

Help with questions or problems.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Polslad Needs Help

Post by Polslad »

]Here wew go again, seems like everytime I start a project, I run into systems.

I have been reworking the original Muirfield plot, I have flattened everything and changed the textures, changed a few fairways & bunker positions, and done one slight elevation change (20ft) in one area of the course.
I started detail work, and noticed that when I right clicked on a texture to check properties, the little bitmat image wasn't showing, but the architect tools were still working.
I figured a 'restart' on my PC might cure a little glitch, BOOM, it's all messed up.
I had libraries cloaked before the restart, but now nothing will run.
Course manager looks like this:
Course Manager.jpg
(123.85 KiB) Not downloaded yet
The cloaking tool wont run, error messages:
Course Manager.jpg
(123.85 KiB) Not downloaded yet
[attachment=0]CL Tool error 2.jpg[/attachment

If I run the CL tool as an administrator, it's only showing stock courses and no libraries.
If I run the architect, it defaults to Inland Heath, only shows stock libraries, and crashes when I try to open my plot.
I think I saw the 'place holder' title in there also.

Please don't tell me I am looking at another full re-install, I just don't think I want to do that!
Attachments
CL Tool error.jpg
(49.46 KiB) Not downloaded yet
CL Tool error 2.jpg
(40.92 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Re: Polslad Needs Help

Post by Terry Grayson »

David

Had this happen to me one time, right clicking and the little window was empty....Everything messed up...Simple cleaning of the swap files was what fixed It....I did notice however all but one would delete
when this happened... I restarted the computer then was able to delete that last swap file.. Or you could CTRL ALT DELETE and manually stop the ARCHI exe and then be able to delete the swap file

It cleaned it up and all was working again...Exactly what you described is what happened to me...Hope this works, for you if you try it....May not be the case though
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

thanks for the advice Terry, alas.....didn't work.
I think I'm looking at a re-install at the weekend.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Got the architect working again, still having the same issue with the course manager (see photo's above), and the cloaking tool just refuses to run, even after a fresh install.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

David! You may have to reinstall again after deleting anything you can in your registry that is PGA2000 or Sierra. You may want to do a system restore on a date before you encountered this problem before doing anything with your registry.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Still having the same issues.
Course manager will not install anything.
Cloaking tool refuses to run, and I have big gaps within the course manager where courses used to be.

Half way through modernising Muirfield, but I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking, 'do I need all this grief that comes with PGA?'
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Sometimes when uninstalling PGA2000 not all files get deleted. Make sue there is no Sierra or PGA2000 files after uninstalling. Before you reinstall but after uninstalling check to see if if there's a Sierra or PGA2000 file and delete. Also do a search and delete any that pop up. Also delete your cloaking tool. I hope you have courses and libraries on disc for quick install. Hope this helps. I've never had a problem like this.