Library Thumbnails Invisible in Architect

Help with questions or problems.
ADC
Tour Contender

Library Thumbnails Invisible in Architect

Post by ADC »

So, the other day when I opened the Architect I got a "User Account Control" message come up for the first time. I've noticed this on other older games that I run, and figure it's Windows Vista finally saying "Hey, why are you still playing a game from 1999?" and being picky about it. The programs been opening fine, but there is one problem.

All the downloaded libraries I have don't show up in the Architect anymore. The courses run fine in PGA, but all I have when I load the Architect is the stock libraries. It's very aggravating. I've tried reinstalling the libraries, to no effect. I know they are not cloaked, because I've checked and double checked the cloaking tool, as well. Everything is working fine. It's just not showing up in the Architect.

Do I have to completely reinstall the game and lose 4 years worth of custom downloads? I only have of the discs, and while it says "Installation" on it, I don't know where the second one is. I know everything's online, I'm just wondering how much work this is going to be before I can get up and running again.

Has anybody else ever had this happen before? How'd you get around it?

Thanks,

Alex
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Re: Library Thumbnails Invisible in Architect

Post by BrianZ111 »

The game treats separate user accounts on your computer as separate installations of the game in the registry. That means that if you try to run the game from different accounts you have to install the courses and libraries on each account.

When you get the UAC message you are running the program as the admin account which is the same as if you were logged in as admin. This would be fine if you ran the course manager as admin when you installed libraries and courses, but you didn't

If you right click the architect shortcut and select the compatibility tab you will probably see "run this program as an administrator" checked. Uncheck this and you should no longer get the UAC message and should see all the libraries you installed from this account.

Hope that helps.
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

BrianZ,

Thanks. This is what surprises me. I looked into the compatibility area under properties, and "run as administrator" wasn't checked. I wish I knew what was going on. The libraries are still hidden. Is there a way to remove a default UAC prompt? Should it even be doing that without that check? And would reinstalling the Architect change a thing?

Thanks, again.

Alex
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Alex, I notice when I keep more than 100 or so libraries installed that when I drop a shape in the architect, I can't see the texture. The libraries still show up and I had to drop and then change the texture that way. After usuing th CL Tool, I fixed the sticky libraries and everthing was fine after that. That does not quite sound like the issue you are facing, but maybe fixing stickys with the CL Tool could help.

Doron
Last edited by bryce on May 29th, 2013, 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Alex! I don't understand why you said uninstalling and reinstalling will make you lose 4 years of custom downloads. Simply move any files you want to keep out of your Sierra - PGA 2000 folder to "My Documents" (example) before any reinstall. I also reccommend installing courses with libraries included (Non Stock) on disc. Then you can simply load up any course off a disc in about 1 minute. I have about 300 courses on disc and uninstall and reinstall all the time. I also have other important PGA 2000 items on disc (arch.files exct.) I've had to reinstall PGA 2000 on several occassions with almost zero problems.
You may want to try deleting your files inside of "Swapfiles' in your PGA2000 folder. I've done that numerous times when I've had architect problems that solve issues. Then open up your architect and reload all the libraries by clicking on the library button in your architect. Hope this helps
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

I seemed to have fixed it. Thanks for all the tips. Clearing the swap files and even reinstalling didn't do anything. i ended up simply disabling the UAC function. It's a simple fix if I ever need it back.

The only sucky thing is that I did lose a lot when I cleared swap files and tried to move the libraries. I hit some wrong buttons on accident, and yes, lost almost all my libraries. My pc is finicky and old, and it wouldn't restore the files from recycle bin. But seeing as I'd had almost 200 of them installed and uncloaked, they were really just a big mess to begin with. So, this time around, I'm going to be much more organized. I'm also going to cloak any library I'm not planning on using at any given time.

Thanks again, all

Alex
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Not sure, maybe UAC works different in Vista. I have windows 7. For future reference you can cloak all of your courses and libraries before you do an uninstall and then after you reinstall you can uncloak them and get them back instead of having to reinstall every single one.