Courses Crashing

Help with questions or problems.
fishinman111
Range Rookie

Courses Crashing

Post by fishinman111 »

Every course i download when i goto play crashes back into windows, any help? Where do I install the libraries to? where do i install the courses to? just to check if im doing this right, thanks all
tincup
Legend of Golf

Re: Courses Crashing

Post by tincup »

Fishinman,
What kind of error messages are you getting when you crash?

Chances are, it is just a library problem. In the Utilities section, under Tutorials, there is an item titled "PGA 2000 Game Setup Tutorials". Within the downloaded zip file, item 18 discusses installation using the course manager. That should get you back on track.

Dar
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Fishinman! There's also a useful library identifacation tool you can download in the PGA2000 utilities section. Whatever course you highlight in the tool will show you all the libraries that course uses and if it's installed or needs to be installed. Hope this helps. Any other help needed ask but be as specific as possible to help us diagnose the problem.
In the course manager install all courses and libraries in the file that starts with (PGA) in the right side window of the install section. First click the install button. Then in the 2 windows on the left in the install section is locations of files. Any file to be installed or currently installed must be in the bottom left window. If the file you want to install is in the top left window double click it and it should move down to the bottom left window. Highlight that file wether its a course or library and highlight the PGA in the right section window then click the install button in the middle.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Post by stillgolfing »

Fisherman;
I notice you joined almost 2 years ago and you could have been a member previously. Was the game running O.K. previously?
Have you made any changes to the game setup (when a member recommended I change from XP compatability to Win 2000 compatability My PC crashed when attempting to start the game)? Also, other newly installed programs, updates of Video drivers and using certain 3rd party disk and registry cleaners can cause havoc with various existing programs. What are your PC specs and what version of Windows are you using?
Dave
When dyslexic golfers hit a wild shot, do they yell erof !? .... stillgolfing
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Still, I've had courses crash since 2001 when I first installed PGA99. I started with ME then updated to the new XP Home a year later (ME stunk bad.) I've had to reinstall everything several times (3 or 4, I think) but I usually got that weird error message (sorry can't recall it now) which had a fix of adding something to the registry (which never worked for me) but most of the time it crashed was because of a corrupted object in a library, more often than not a stock libe.

Twice in the past couple of years I've had to reinstall all my stock libes. To a lesser extent, but still, I've had to reinstall a custom libe. That seems to be the easiest route to take; if that's not the problem then you can dig deeper.

Btw, I also use the Windows 2000 compatibility.