How do I get the Default/Normal camera back

Help with questions or problems.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

How do I get the Default/Normal camera back

Post by stillgolfing »

Yesterday I was playing Brookgreen and having my best round ever (-6 after nine) when at tenth tee the screen redrew with this view, which I have named the "Ground Cam". It prevented me from checking fairway distances, as no matter where I right clicked on the screen I got that "Your Info Box" (see graphic). Also on the greens the view is so low the break lines are crammed together making it impossible to read the break. I checked the various menus and could not find a Default/Normal cam selection (The one I have always had where the camera is at maybe 10 degrees (sort of eye level but behind the player). Decided to play on, but it was tough sledding not being able to read the distances to hazards and bunkers or read the greens. Ended up shooting +2. Bummer! Now it appears I'm stuck with this cam. How do I get that normal cam back?
Thanks, Dave
Attachments
Camera change problem.png
(849.1 KiB) Not downloaded yet
When dyslexic golfers hit a wild shot, do they yell erof !? .... stillgolfing
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Re: How do I get the Default/Normal camera back

Post by stillgolfing »

I have found out the camera didn't change. It appears it is related to the way a hole/holes are laid out. The camera I have always used (the swing cam) is still good most of the time. but on certain holes because of the cameras angle of choice the player is in the way of the fairway. As shown in my previous screen shot and hence the right click marker is always close enough to the player that you get player info instead of landing info. Just happens, for what ever reason the back nine at Brookgreen is layed out such that the swing cam goes into this low mode a lot. Also, when troubleshooting today, got it on a saved game of Red Dragon Mountain where #8 looked and played OK then on the tee at number nine the camera was so low down (below the back of the tee looking up at the player) what little fairway visible was directly in front of the player and the noted 'box info"problem ocurred here also. Guess I need to create/choose a custom cam to use in these circumstances or find out how to temporarily remove the player, while checking distances, so the player info box does not show. Not sure what is the best choice under these circumstances and I'm not sure why I have not run across this issue before? Thoughts?
Thanks Dave
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Re: How do I get the Default/Normal camera back

Post by stillgolfing »

Please ignore the previous posts. I searched and found and bookmarked an earlier thread where Steve and Indy covered a similar issue in some detail. Camera issues have been so rare since that posting (a year ago) that I forgot all about it. Also, more info in the in Game Help. It appears I usually view the game via Cam #2 and had accidentally selected another camera at some point.
Thanks, Dave