Pacthes

Help with questions or problems.
pudgyputter
Range Rookie

Pacthes

Post by pudgyputter »

My question is, What is the purpose of the "patches"? Will they change anything in the way the game is played? I know nothing about computers. Should I download and install both of the patches? I have the CE version.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Re: Pacthes

Post by tincup »

pudgyputter wrote:My question is, What is the purpose of the "patches"? Will they change anything in the way the game is played? I know nothing about computers. Should I download and install both of the patches? I have the CE version.
The patch(s) were to fix minor problems with the original PGA2000 software release... primarily in the area of online play. But there were a few other minor problems fixed as well... sorry I don't know any details.

The won't change the way the game plays, but without the patch, you cannot play online. Even if you don't plan to play online, it is a good idea to apply the patch.

It has been my experience that if you apply the 3.3.4.5 patch, you are good to go. I could be wrong, but I don't think you need both.

Dar
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Re: Pacthes

Post by Terry Grayson »

One thing I remember the patch doing

Before the patch: When golfer lined up behind ball, the club was never down and behind the ball at address
After patch: It corrected the problem above..

Nothing major, but It just made it better HA!!!