Can't run Course Utilities!!

Help with questions or problems.
nbaldwin
Novice

Can't run Course Utilities!!

Post by nbaldwin »

I dl'd a couple of courses and went to install them and the utilities will not run. This is the message I get..

BasAugatInit.Init():ActiveX component can't create object

Thanks for any help with this issue. I've recently gotten back into this game after a few years off.
J.J.
Chronic Slicer

Re: Can't run Course Utilities!!

Post by J.J. »

A known issue that comes up from time to time. I'm sure the fix used to be on this site somewhere, or was that on the old My Golfer site? Anyway, here's what you do....

ERROR MESSAGE
-------------

basAugatInit.Init() ActiveX component cant't create object

THE FIX
-------

The game can't find files it needs, somehow the registry entries have disappeared. These commands will restore the registry entries.

Use the Run Command from the Start Menu and type in regsvr32.exe C:\sierra\pga2000\bin\augatregistry.dll , then reboot your machine.

If the problem still exists type in regsvr32.exe C:\sierra\pga2000\bin\augatlib.dll and reboot.

This usually fixes the problem. If your path to the game is different than the default change the drive letter and path. You may need to change the \pga2000\ part if you have the collectors edition etc.
nbaldwin
Novice

Post by nbaldwin »

Thanks for the attempt but I keep getting a message that said it failed to load. Driving me crazy cause I got the bug for this game all over again.
nbaldwin
Novice

Post by nbaldwin »

Update. Got it fixed, just did a system restore frome a couple of days earlier and now it works.