European Links

Help with questions or problems.
Parrothead
Chronic Slicer

European Links

Post by Parrothead »

Decided to throw this question here. I downloaded this course the other day. Played it, I noticed in the scorecard, as I wasn't paying close attention while playing, it skipped a par three in the front and back nine. Just wondering if that is normal.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Re: European Links

Post by tincup »

no, it is certainly not normal. In fact, I have never seen this happen in my 10+ years with the game. :confused:
Dar
Parrothead
Chronic Slicer

Post by Parrothead »

I'll try downloading it again. I uninstalled the course I loaded. Reloaded from the downloaded file. I already had all the libraries required. While playing it would skip holes 6 and 11. In practice mode the tees for those holes would be out of bounds showing 1500+yds distance to the hole.

edit: uninstalled the course, dumped the one I downloaded the other day, downloaded the course again. Installed it, played a couple of rounds, same thing. When it gets to the 6th and 11th holes, it'll show the hole in the top view frame, but not draw it in game. It then moves onto the next hole. I guess maybe I shouldn't complain, when it moves onto holes 7 and 12, 3 strokes come off my score, each time.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

It sounds like it thinks the texture is out of bounds for those two tees. My guess is your library is bad for the library with the texture that those tees use. It's probably either two libraries with the same name and you have the wrong one or that problem where two different libraries share the same registry key. In any case I would guess downloading and reinstalling the libraries would fix it although it may cause a problem for the course you originally downloaded the problem library for.
Parrothead
Chronic Slicer

Post by Parrothead »

Thanks for the input. I may just leave it, as is for the time being and re-visit this at a later date.
spencerturner
Scratch Golfer

Post by spencerturner »

Could be that since the yardage for the par 3 was 1500 yards, the designer could have inadvertanly placed the pin placement in an area totally unintended and unbeknown to the designer. I have done this in the early years of designing and it took a long time to find the missplaced pin and correct it.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Been awhile since I played European Links! I don't recall having any problem when i did play it. :shrug: I'll load it off my disc and see if I have any problems.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Just loaded and played a little on European Links. In practice mode I went to hole #6 and #11 and had the same problem. Then I played stroke play in custom mode. When I got to hole #6 it loaded just fine at the tee box. I know I didn't have any problems when I played it in season mode. Don't know why practice mode does this.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Glad you both spoke up - this has been my experience as well. I have no problem with the course in stroke play but have noticed some anomalies in practice mode. By the way, this is an extremely well done course so if we can figure this thing out I know I would appreciate it alot!
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

I know most designers use multiple pin placements (me included) and perhaps the problem is, as mentioned, that the designer inadvertently dropped a pin out in the boondocks somewhere? A careless mouse click and follow up pin placement check could certainly cause that, and if there're 5-6 pins per green, what you're experience seems very possible.