courses on architect cause game to crash

Help with questions or problems.
andrew
Range Rookie

courses on architect cause game to crash

Post by andrew »

Hi-every time I've tried to create a course on course architect and play it the game crashes. Anyone else having/had this problem?
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: courses on architect cause game to crash

Post by SteveHorn »

andrew! Do you have the patch 3.3.4.5 installed ? If not you can get it from the utilities section in this forum.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Andrew, can you be a little more specific about what happens? Are you getting an error message or is it just closing down to desktop?

One thing that I can think of is that you have a corrupt object in one of your libraries. When I was planting "A Fab Place" the course would lock up on #17, but IIRC I got an error message... "drawing error something something"... maybe it was just the generic "PGA has encountered a problem and is closing down." At any rate I found one little object from the Flowers4 libe that was the problem; I deleted it, resubmitted as "A Fab Place ver2" and it works fine. I had the same problem with Alice Boge's Garden; it turned out to be some small rocks from the CDA libe. I reinstalled this libe and after that it worked okay.

Sometimes planting an area too thickly, like with grass, can also cause a crash. This is what I suggest.
1. Save your course with a new name or a number, like Newcourse2.arch.
2. Delete all your planting, save with another new name. Close the arch, the reopen it and compile (closing and reopening eliminates the possibility of "sunspots" on your course.)
3. Check out your new course and see if it opens okay.
4. If it does open okay, reinstall the libes that you've used objects from, then recompile your original course. If a corrupt object is the problem, this should fix it.
Diguelo
Chronic Slicer

Post by Diguelo »

If your using Vista, Win 7 or 8 give the architect program administrative rights.

Right click on the programs exe file in the PGA folder, select properties, click on the compatability tab, then check admin rights box. click apply and OK, DO NOT JUST CLICK OK, some anti virus programs dont like this.

Dig