Incorrect dates for Season Schedule events?

Help with questions or problems.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Incorrect dates for Season Schedule events?

Post by stillgolfing »

When I created a Mini Season today, of the 4 PGA events scheduled for June, I entered the actual starting dates, when adding each Tourney, and as expected the 4 Tournaments did display in the Season Schedule in the correct order, but the associated date was the same for all Tournaments and was this coming Monday? Is this a known anomoly with the game? See attached graphic.
Season Schedule Dates.jpg
(529.91 KiB) Not downloaded yet
NOTE: The HELP screen for Seasonal Play displays an example with different dates and implies you can edit the date and move Tournaments around in the order via this methodology, and you can, but the displayed date in The Season Schedule List is still (currently)the same incorrect date, not the date you changed the Tourney to.
Thanks, Dave
When dyslexic golfers hit a wild shot, do they yell erof !? .... stillgolfing
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Incorrect dates for Season Schedule events?

Post by SteveHorn »

Dave! I've never had any problem unless I had the wrong year entered. Try again to edit season dates. Its located in your set rounds screen along with your purse and name of event. Go back into the edit season events and put in all correct dates and year for each tourney and see if it works this time. Also make sure the season name is unique and not the same as any other listed on your computer.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Post by stillgolfing »

Steve I have been messing around with this issue for quite a few hours today. I have deleted and recreated the season several times. Mainly because I was trying to resolve another playability problem (not being able to succesfully blast out of certain bunkers) that I will be posting about later. What I have discovered regarding the Season Creation issue is this:
The date always shows up incorrectly (currently 06/06), regardless of what is noted in the creation data.
Secondly if I edit/redate a Tournament (say Muirfield so that it moves from first to last in the four course rota, then move it back to first by changing the date again, the courses for the last and first are switched. Hence when I went to play The Memorial which originally had Muirfield designated for 4 rounds, the actual course indicated for play was the TPC @ River Highlands (The Travellers) and when I checked (out of curiosity) The Travellers now had Muirfield as the course for play. Go figure! :confused:
Cheers, Dave
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

I've never had any trouble with dates except that it jumps to the next month prematurely (ie, if you set the "Google Pro-Am" for 6/1, the next tournament will show July 1.)

When you're setting up your courses you have to click on the LAST entry before adding the next round; ie, if you're adding the third round then click on the second round then "add course" as it defaults back to the first entry. If you want a cut after the second round, then click on that round then "add cut." If you're physically adding another round after the cut, then click on "cut" then "add round."

As far as switching courses is concerned, sometimes when I open an event to edit, it'll switch to what is apparently a default course; on mine it's Breezy Gap which happens to be on the top of my courses list. I think when I posted the original thread about the 2011 season and discussed editing, I warned of this happening and cautioned to always go back and check that the correct courses are showing. Usually after you select a course for the first round it'll show up for all 4 rounds and you don't have to search and replace it. This is just one of the bugs that never got fixed before Headgate Labs bailed out for greener pastures.

In the situation you're describing, I'd just physically change the course by going to Muirfield (Village, I assume you mean) for all 4 courses; this should change just the course and not the conditions you've already set. I've added events during the course of a season (for example I added "The Egg Harbor Optional Event" date 4/6/11 for those who didn't qualify for the Masters. I'll do the same for the other majors. 4/6, btw, is 1 day before the Masters started.) I don't think I've ever tried to move them around by changing the date though, so apparently that doesn't work too well, as you've seen.
Last edited by Indy Anna Jones on June 4th, 2011, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Dave! What Judy said is DEAD ON ACCURATE INFO. Editing will cause courses to change automatically. You have to be very carefull and make sure ALL INFO is correct before leaving the edit area.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Before I start playing a tournament, I always do a run through to make sure everything is correct because once it's started you can't change anything.

Btw, Steve, I'm really enjoying your new MV 2011. There are a lot of subtleties in the course that you can only experience in playing multiple rounds and I've certainly found my share of trouble. It took me 45 holes to finally get in first place (I'm up by 3 after 54 holes; hot putter again! :bg: ) but I've had at least a double bogey each round.

I "misplaced" the post where you asked for the scouting report on Carolindi Forest. Have you played your tourney there yet? The only thing I can advise is stay to outside on the doglegs as much as possible and watch the trees in the landing areas. The textures (Mayfield) run true. Other than that, you'll score best by keeping it on the fairways and greens. :laugh:
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Post by stillgolfing »

SteveHorn wrote:Dave! What Judy said is DEAD ON ACCURATE INFO. Editing will cause courses to change automatically. You have to be very carefull and make sure ALL INFO is correct before leaving the edit area.
Steve, under what particular scenario would one expect the courses selected in one tournament to show up in another, just because a Tournament date was changed?
Dave
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Dave! If you did no changes in the game settings then I have no idea why what you experienced happened.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

I don't either. I've had a whole month in which I used the wrong date (like Friday's date instead of Thursday), gone back and changed them and it hasn't affected anything. On the other hand I can't recall ever changing the position of a tourney by changing the date.
andrew
Range Rookie

Post by andrew »

I've always had this problem but gave up on trying to resolve it ages ago....if anyone finds a solution then please let me know! :)