Problems with Greenbriar

Help with questions or problems.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Re: Problems with Greenbriar

Post by stillgolfing »

SteveHorn wrote:Dave! It could be you need to adjust your hardware accelleration of your graphics card in the display located in your control panel. You may also want to consider slowing down your mouse a little to give you better control in moving it around.

For windows XP to adjust hardware acceleration go to display in your control panel. After opening display go to settings tab and click advanced in the bottom right. Then click the troubleshooter tab. You should then see a slider setting for the hardware accelleration on your graphics card. I would move it to the middle if its set on high. You should probably check the enable write combining below the slider. Hope this helps. You should find a mouse in the control panel also with a simular type slider to adjust the speed.
Steve - "you da mannn!! :bg:
It was the hardware acceleration. I moved it two notches down and then went and played a quick 9 @ Black Widow (previously unplayable) with no problems. This adjustment killed two birds with one stone, as the swing meter slowed down somewhat and I was mostly bang on where I wanted to be with my clicks. I'll be checking out the other "problem" courses later to day, but needless to say, I'm optomistic.
Cheers, Dave
When dyslexic golfers hit a wild shot, do they yell erof !? .... stillgolfing
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Dave ! I told someone else (can't remember who at this time) this awhile back and it also solved his problem. At one time I also had to adjust the slider. Glad it helped.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Well done Steve. :up: It almost had to be something like that... something specific to Dave's system. Like most problems in this game, once you find out what the problem is, it usually turns out to be fairly easy to fix. But finding the problem can drive you nuts.

Thanks for your help bud. Glad we got a solution to this one.

Dar
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

That would have been me Steve. I'm glad to see Dave got it worked out.