Help with slow golfer animation.

Help with questions or problems.
mjb76
Range Rookie

Help with slow golfer animation.

Post by mjb76 »

I installed the collectors edition through the discs I owned. My biggest issue is how clunky and slow the golfer animation is. Back 15 years ago he'd be smooth as butter and I felt I had great control. Now it looks like he's being rendered at about 10 frames per second. Also after about 15 minutes of play I can only hit my shots full distance about 25% of the time, the rest of the time the ball is coming up way short. I'm thinking the 2 problems are linked?

Hopefully somebody who has struggled with similar issues on Windows 8.1 can help me with this problem. What compability version works best (some crash the game immediately or cause strange graphics anomalies). Would my mouse DPI and speed slider be doing this? I had the same issues on a Windows 7 machine about 5 years ago and just gave up.

Of all the golf games I've played on PC (Tiger Woods, JN6, Links 2003, The Golf Club, Perfect Golf) this when it is running right is hands down my favorite and I desperately want to get back in to it but as it's running now that's impossible which is devasting.

I'd love for an expert if you have the time to give me a full walkthrough of how to get this running perfectly as it seems it is possible.

I got an i5 4570 at 3.2 GHz
Gtx 760
8 GB of RAM.

Thanks in advance for any help guys.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Re: Help with slow golfer animation.

Post by tincup »

mjb,
I have not heard of this problem with windows 8.1 or any other windows version. Couple things you might try:
1. set PGA2000 compatibility mode to windows 2000 and disable visual themes
2. with the game running, bring up the task manager (ctl-alt-delete) and see what is running in the background. It sounds like something is sucking up your cpu cycles,

Dar
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Help with slow golfer animation.

Post by SteveHorn »

I agree with Dar! Turn off as many background programs as possible. I also would turn off any firewalls and anti viruses during game play. Microsoft is notorious for installing programs that suck up your CPU and disk the first 5 or 10 minutes your computer is turned on or comes out of sleep mode and at other random times.