Architect won't recognize file

Help with questions or problems.
jday2
Range Rookie

Architect won't recognize file

Post by jday2 »

Hello,

I started designing a course on my old computer that went kaput. I installed PGA on my new computer and transferred files from old computer to new computer, including the course I was designing. When I try to bring up the course, I keep getting an error message that says "This was not designed by Course Architect". Has anybody come across this before and if so, is there a way of fixing this issue?

Thanks
DC#1
Tour Contender

Re: Architect won't recognize file

Post by DC#1 »

I have never seen that message jday. Did you ever use any other course architect? When you slide the mouse over the file is it an ACH file? Possibly when computer crashed you lost a required file for it. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Welcome back, it's good to have you.
jday2
Range Rookie

Post by jday2 »

It is an ACH file. The only architect I have ever used is the PGA course architect. The oddest part is that one of the courses I designed works, but this one does not. I guess it probably is some type of file issue. I thought I would take a shot to see if anyone else has run into this issue. Thanks for your response DC
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Could just be something with your computer or the file could be corrupt. If you want to upload it to the site we could see if anyone else is able to open it. Other than that I don't have any ideas.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Not sure but I may have seen that message when I lost an architect file and tried to create one by changing an xcr. file of mine into one. I doubt that info will help