Win 8.1 Problem

Help with questions or problems.
msmvet
Chronic Slicer

Win 8.1 Problem

Post by msmvet »

Hi guys, I´ve intalled PGA2K on my new notebook with Win 8.1. The installation went ok, a couple of missing ocx files, but everything ok. The game was running and the downloaded courses were playable. The problem is when I restart the machine, all the custom courses dissapear from the game but are on the list of the course manager. I´ve unistalled all and made a fresh re-install (Deleting swap files, restore system, run wise registry cleaner) a couple of times, but it keeps doing it. Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks!
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Re: Win 8.1 Problem

Post by BrianZ111 »

It it possible you are running the manager as administrator but not the game? Courses and libraries are installed on a per account basis and running the program as administrator is the same as logging in as administrator as far as what the program sees installed in the registry. So you'll need to either run both as administrator or neither as administrator to see the same courses and libraries installed in both.
msmvet
Chronic Slicer

Post by msmvet »

Thanks Brian but both are running as administrator. The architect also recognize stock libs and beartooth lib only. All the files are installed in the same directory. Don´t know what it is that makes the game and architect miss the installed things in the manager. :confused:
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

I haven't seen this happen immediately like that but after say a month or so I've had courses installed that no longer show up in the game. When this happens there is blank space at the top of my courses list in the manager. Do you have that? My only solutions to this are to start installing courses under a different account or completely uninstall and reinstall the game. Perhaps try installing and running under non-admin account? or is this your only account available?

Speculating now...when you install if I remember right (hopefully I'm not confusing this with something else I've installed recently) there is an option to install for all uses or just the current user. I always choose all, is that what you choose? I wonder if choosing all causes the issue. Most people don't seem to have this problem, the only other recorded cases are me and Polslad.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

I've never had missing course's before but using the architect I've had plenty of times that a so called place holder is used (empty slot) for libraries needed for a course that actually aren't needed.