Fishers Island Golf Club by Polslad [New Course]

Reviews and feedback for courses and other game content.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Fishers Island Golf Club by Polslad [New Course]

Post by BrianZ111 »

Course: Fishers Island Golf Club (13 MB)
Type: Real, Parkland
Designer: Polslad
Date: 12/31/2014
Libraries Used: bethpage1, cypress, oceanbeach, pebblebeach
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Re: Fishers Island Golf Club by Polslad [New Course]

Post by Polslad »

I didn't mention it in any of the course notes, but this course is a collabaration between myself and Brian, who provided the land plot with built-in major elevations.
I don't think I would have attempted it without his help in providing the plot.
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

Nice course David. A short course by today's standards. The elevations are what add difficulty. Curious as to what library the green texture was from and did you modify the co-efficients? I played on A/D/B and the greens were like glass. Good thing I like fast greens. Nice pano and good transition from pano to plot. Plantings were very well done. The phrase "less is more" applies here. A very nice old school course. Thanks for still designing. Look for to Birkdale update and Shinnicock.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Green texture is straight out of the box.
Bethpage black.
Glad you got it, it's an old layout, designed in the 1920,s.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

As my first warm up for the start of a new season (#12) after nearly a 4 month layoff away from playing PGA 2000 I thought I'd play a skins game at the newly released Fishers Island. At first I was suprised at the lack of bunkers on this course around the fairways. However this might be detrimental to many course's this didn't seem like any big deal on this course. The use of the Bethpage textures for the fairways and greens was a great choice to add a bit more difficulty to the course on dry conditions.The layout is very good, the elevations seemed very accurate and the excellent planting added to the realism of this course. It's just long enough for me to keep as a tourny course but not by much. Great work David on another A lister in my book and looking forward to your next release
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Thought I would offer my thoughts on the newest offering from David:

What I liked: I thought the smoothing of the course was good - did not find any spikes or rough spots as I played through a few rounds. I thought the plantings were adequate although a little sparse from what I remember seeing in real life rounds here. I thought the sounds were appropriate and not overstated. I especially liked the choice of libraries for the course as they left you with the impression that it was a hot summer day with a little breeze going - ideal conditions.

What I felt could be better: The panorama was a little too pixelated for my tastes. I thought the use of the hole sign on the fourth was a little too surreal and out of place on an otherwise very good rendition.

Overall: A course you will score well on if you are paying attention. I do not think this is a perfect design as I have actually played the course, but I do think it is a fairly realistic adaption of the layout to the PGA 2000 engine. If you play a few rounds here, you will understand why this course is such a gem in real life and after all, that is what a rendition should accomplish isn't it?! I think it is a definite keeper for the hard drive but I'm not sure if I would put it on my A list. Thanks so much for the work and the sharing of your efforts. Check this one out folks!