Alkimos Golf Links by Craig Johnson [Contest Course]

Reviews and feedback for courses and other game content.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Re: Alkimos Golf Links by Craig Johnson [Contest Course]

Post by tincup »

This is a really nice course. It has a great appearance and lots of challenge. I especially liked the holes along the coastline. Very picturesque.

I can’t add much to what has been said except that the course just has a good feel to it. It is really fun to play. You can score well if you stay out of those light weeds and stay out of those zillion bunkers. You definitely have to carefully place your shots. The greens are fair but can get dicey depending on the pin placement. A couple of us coughed up bogeys on #1. I would say the back nine is tougher than the front… well, for some of us anyway.

Five of us took a spin on this course Last night. Conditions played were Long/Dry/Breezy. Here is the result:
----- ---- Front ---- Back ---- Round ---- VS Par 71
Ken ---- -8 ---- -9 ---- -17 ---- 54
Bison ---- -9 ---- -7 ---- -16 ---- 55
Cope ---- -7 ---- -7 ---- -14 ---- 57
Tincup ---- -7 ---- -4 ---- -11 ---- 60
Kelcie ---- -8 ---- -2 ---- -10 ---- 61

Overall, a very nice course and a worthy entry in the contest.
Dar
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Alkimos Golf Links by Craig Johnson [Contest Course]

Post by SteveHorn »

This is my final course to play in the contest. Alkimos was the choice to host the new Sicilian Open on my World Tour for points. I agree for the most part with what has already been posted. I also believe this is the most realistic design of the contest courses.My first 2 rounds of the tourny were 68, 65 tied for 1st, so it isnt the most difficult but I believe it does have some teeth to it. I just happen to have my A game right now ( about time ). My 65 was on average, dry & gusty and I didn't fine the greens unfair with any of the pin placements for that round.
I love the overall looks of this course. The planting is TOP NOTCH and the textures fit perfectly. The bunker placement and design is also exceptional. My only negative is I would have liked to have had 2 or 3 more holes where you could see the fairway from the tee. This would have broken up all the blind or semi blind tee shots and made the course stand out a little more. I really love this little beauty and hope I can finally win a tournament.Its been awhile since I've won let alone been in contention. GREAT DESIGN CRAIG. Now its time to vote.