Jutlandia Links Golf Club by SirTorben [New Course]

Reviews and feedback for courses and other game content.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Jutlandia Links Golf Club by SirTorben [New Course]

Post by BrianZ111 »

Course: Jutlandia Links Golf Club (15.6 MB)
Type: Fictional, Oceanside
Designer: SirTorben
Date: 8/20/2013
Libraries Used: barrenhills, beartooth, coosbay, coosbayblend, houses1, Liverpool, locheil1, mayfield, oceanside, oldhead, portmarnock, The_Ridges, windingwoodsigns
bryce
Legend of Golf

Re: Jutlandia Links Golf Club by SirTorben [New Course]

Post by bryce »

It feels like 2001 again, with 5 courses in the last 10 days! Sir Torben has 2 of them, and Jutlandia Links is where I am playing at today. I drew s/d/g conditions for my round, but gusty conditions fit a links course just fine, so I went with it. The first thing I noticed when I stepped onto the first tee, was how many pot bunkers there were. I feel like I am playing in The Open Championship! The wind or the traps didn't really bother me too much, as I made a 30 footer for birdie on the par 4 first, then promptly chipped in for birdie on the par 5 second! When I got to the 4th hole, the overhead cam (which I always keep on) showed an extremely narrow opening of no more than 20 feet at the landing point in the fairway. The wind is blasting me at about 30 mph, but I fought my way to even on the front 9! I am having no trouble putting so far on these super smooth greens, but ran into some nightmare positions up against these links, pot bunker lips. I made 3 consecutive pars to start the back 9. I have a 25 mph wind helping me on the 600+ yard par 5, 14th hole, and was able to get home in 2. I ended up with a 73 (+1), and I am ok with that considering the wind was howling.

The Good

Once again, Sir Torben has produced an excellent layout. I absolutely love these greens! They are some of the best I have seen. I noticed in Sir Torben's previous courses, that he had these steep small hills that really were not sloped like a real golf course would be. These greens are very realistic and quite fun to play too. Here is a view from just in front of the 12th green:
jutlandia12.jpg
(663.99 KiB) Not downloaded yet
The planting is superb, and is very fitting of an actual links course. Everything seems to match perfectly together. The deep pot bunkers were excellent, and another improvement on his part.

The Not So Good

There is only one thing I can say negative about Jutlandia, and it has nothing to do with the actual course. The splash picture is just included with the zip file and not loaded with the course. The same is true for Sir Torben's last course. You have to take the actual .bmp image out of the zip file, then load it by opening the course manager, clicking on the course, then the properties tab, then click the course picture tab and find your splash screen:
splashloading.jpg
(192.01 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Overall

Sir Torben has delivered once again! I absolutely love this course, and even think it is one of the better links courses for PGA 2000. As much as I liked Danish Mermaid, Jutlandia Links blows it out of the water! I give this course a solid A. Great job Sir Torben!

Doron
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

This appears to be a course that Sir Toben had in the oven for awhile (2012) and has just released. Here is my review:

What I liked:
The layout is a fair test - the sound is appropriate and adds to the immersion - the scenery is kind of like Mayfield on the links which is a good thing because I love JJ's Mayfield!

What I think would add more immersion:
It would be nice to have a few pot bunkers with the layered lip to them (see Alan Toft's work) - I think there could be some different tee locations for the front tees - all of this is just wishing though - the course is solid as it is!

Overall Impressions:
Fantastic course that is worthy of a download! - Thanks so much for giving it to the community!
SirTorben
Weekend Duffer

Post by SirTorben »

Thanks all for playing my courses, and the nice rewiews