Johanne GC V2 by Stefan Højgaard [New Course]

Reviews and feedback for courses and other game content.
Stefan
Weekend Duffer

Re: Johanne GC V2 by Stefan Højgaard [New Course]

Post by Stefan »

Wow LL. That review is better than the actual course.

And btw I don't belive you for a second when you say you had an hour to do all that (playing the course, taking snapshot, writing the review...), so thanks for taking precious time to getting it done (two kids doesn't leave much time for things like that :)) - it really means a lot.

Thanks mate! If there ever is a version 3.0 you can be sure it'll have smaller tee makers :)
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Post by LinksLegend »

Remember the days when all reviews used to be as long and detailed at the CC? I miss those reviews - so thought I'd bring a taste of it back... and an hour playing, note-taking and screen-grabbing is a tiny return on the months needed to complete a course for this game ;)
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

I miss those days also. Most of the reviews were so in-depth. That is how designers got better and that is why we have the quality of courses today. Those that knew how to use the arch program would tell us the things that were good and the things you needed to work on. Very nice review Links.
Stefan
Weekend Duffer

Post by Stefan »

Sure I remember those reviews - weekly in-depth review of many of the new courses, with a fine mix of constructive critisism and personal taste.
And you're right DC about that's how designers got better. I remember the review of my first course (Wedels Grove) by Bad Boy and Fab - the course got hammered with a two thumbs down and not worthy of download :-) But the review contained many tips on what I should and could have done differently which I used on my later designs.
But I guess it's fair enough that a game that closing in on having 15 years on its back can't hold up that kind of dedication from the community.