Brookgreen by Terry S Grayson [New Course]

Reviews and feedback for courses and other game content.
ogilvy2
Weekend Duffer

Re: Brookgreen by Terry S Grayson [New Course]

Post by ogilvy2 »

I had a chance to play 18 holes and I also would like to say, that I liked the golf course very much.
Especially the textures fit very well together in my eyes. I also enjoyed the layout, for me it looked a little bit like one of the golf courses in Asia, where the European Tour playes each year, when they play some tournaments over there. I really like those type of courses.

I agree with David, that when a great designer - like Terry for sure is - releases a new course, we may expect sometimes to much like something very unique and spectacular.
I think we all have diffrent preferences and there are so many diffrent type of courses. We have spectacular layouts with cliffs and rocks or those great links style courses and "usual" Parkland courses.
I sure like those spectacular courses, but also like those "solid" layouts. Over all I may like the "normal" well designed courses more than these other spectacular layouts.
I don´t think you can really compare these diffrent style of courses.
(Please don´t get me wrong, I also agree that a honest review is very important and helps so much to improve and I also would never understand it in a wrong "bad" way).

We just all have a diffrent taste/preferences and its important to know that.

I am thankful for every single golf course design we have here and I am also thankful for every word/review.

Thank you very much Terry, for another very nice golf course. I really like it !!!

Greetings, and happy new year to all
Boris
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

All I can say is WOW!!!! Very good job my friend! I actually had a good round going, then made a triple bogey on # 16. I still ended up at -1 which is pretty good for me on a Grayson course!!

Terry, after all these years you still manage to out-do yourself, as well as everyone else. How you manage to put something like this together in such a short amount of time blows my mind.

This is a top 20 design, if not top 10 for PGA 2000!
Doron
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

Terry, THIS is what I call a golf course.

Everything is so wonderfully natural here. The rough is actually 3 dimensional with all that long grass planting! I only wish there had been more wild life sounds...or maybe there were, and I was just too focused on my golf game to notice. I shot a 75, about par for me in PGA. Got into some tough scrapes, and got out of a few as well. All the thrills, chills and spills of a real life round of golf on this very wintry day.

Let me say this as well...scale really is everything, isn't it? I've always found open rock faces like those at Stone Forest to be distracting. Not saying Stone Forest isn't a good golf course in it's own right, but it's also just not entirely what I like to see. Courses just aren't built in environments that extreme. You could never survive out there. There are so many courses in this game that have such extremities that I don't really bother with some, as I know I probably won't enjoy them. When I saw the photo of 17, and the open rock face that's 20 by 100 yards long or something like that, I at first shyed away from Brookgreen. My mistake.

Terry, by the time I got to 17, I really didn't care what you did. I didn't even notice. The course is exactly what I want to play when I play PGA Championship Golf.

There are course worth trying, and there are courses worth keeping. A very rare few become permanent parts of the hard drive after only one round. The only other fantasy course that has ever given me such a sense of reality is Glen Haven, by Adam Brandt. If Glen Haven is the Cypress Point of PGA, this is Pete Dye's Crooked Stick Golf Club in Indianapolis. A hand crafted labor of love. No, we can't water everything. Yes, the bunkers are deep, greens fast, and the water EVERYWHERE. Yes, this is golf. Just golf. Just amazing.

Fantastic job, man.

Alex.

PS, some of the greens could have been a little roll-ier, but even there, I didn't find a thing wrong with them. Besides, I had 3 chip ins, I'm not complaing.
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.