Royal St. Georges 2011 by Polslad [New Course]

Reviews and feedback for courses and other game content.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Re: Royal St. Georges 2011 by Polslad [New Course]

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

I don't want to hijack Polslad's thread for my whine, so I'll be brief. Spencer, I don't think the number of libes has anything to do with it; Bali Shandra used a lot of libes but I got several nice reviews on it. I just think sometimes players get lazy about reviewing, or maybe they don't want to get negative with people they've come to regard as friends. Looking at Wabash, I could see that my courses were starting to become cookie cutter one to another, so I've tried since then to make them a bit different. I also guess as a designer I like a pat on the back and some encouragement, and I think we all do as we're definitely not getting rich off the game!
spencerturner
Scratch Golfer

Post by spencerturner »

Well Steve since it is not a problem for you I am looking forward to your review and comments on the 2 courses that Indy mentioned. I am sure Indy is as well. Spencer.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Spencer! Yes I'm guilty of not giving a review on those courses and many others. I often don't have the time to play a course when its 1st released. Between desigming and playing a season I just can't squeeze in new courses and play them right away except once in a while. As a matter of fact for some reason I didn't even have Leverett Mountain at all. I downloaded it yesterday(including all the libraries needeed) but haven't played it yet. Hopefully I will play it in a few days. That being said I always download courses almost as soon as I notice them. If I don't play them right away I try to give them a quick run through to see if I like it and want to keep it no matter how many libraries it takes.
I prefer giving minie reviews on a course I've played during a tournament. I do this often (not always)in the season update section as I tell whoever wants to read it what the results of a tourney was and what course it was played on.This way I've accually played a minimum of 2 rounds and really have had a good look at it hopefully with multiple pin placements.
spencerturner
Scratch Golfer

Post by spencerturner »

Well Steve as you posted earlier that's a LAME excuse. Spencer.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Spencer ! WHATEVER. :rolleyes:
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Tincup,
You make a valid point, and only something I noticed after you mentioned it, you do get a big bounce forward on hitting the greens and end up mostly chipping back towards the pins from through the green.
I think this must be something to do with the textures, happens even on medium speed settings.
I guess we will have to adapt and play them in true links style and drop our approaches short of the greens and let them run up to the pin! (as if!)

David
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Well David,
In fairness, I should mention that Bison (one of the very best in the game) managed a -6 on the same nine I got a +2. So great scoring can be accomplished... some just figure it out faster than others... lol. I felt like I had been whipped like a rented mule.

Dar
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Wow, what a nice links course! Pols is definitely the king of the links renditions.

We ran into the same problem with the bouncing, but I pretty much got the hang of it by the 7th hole; shot -2, -4 on a/n/b; best of all no bogies. I loved the texture colors and thought the planting was just right for a links course.

Overall, I thought the greens were very fair, aside from the bouncing. They played the proper speed and (at least this game) had good movement and enough slope to keep it interesting without being unfair. You have to be careful as to where you hit the fairways because on several of them they'd throw you right into the rough.

Not much more to add to what's already been said. It's definitely an A-lister and I'm uh, looking forward to trying it out under harder conditions. Good job, David! :up: :up: