Royal Lytham & St Annes by Polslad [New Course]

Reviews and feedback for courses and other game content.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Re: Royal Lytham & St Annes by Polslad [New Course]

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

With the upcoming Open, and the amount of use your course will see it might not be a bad idea. One suggestion is just to raise the level of the sand. There are several courses with vertical walls that aren't impossible to get out of (with a lot of loft) unless you're right against or near the wall, but there's recourse in chipping backwards. I'm good with max loft (+2.83 for a female, 3+ for a male) but I'll honest, when I responded to your season play post about taking a drop and the stroke, I was being serious.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Some bunkers are meant to be like getting a stroke penalty. Its some links courses only protection and makes the player think twice about an ify shot going over a certain bunker.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

After seeing the real thing this week, I think my bunkers are quite mild!
At least mine aren't full of water!
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Your design has made me appreciate what the pros are facing this week. I consider a below par round a good thing for myself there and so when I look at the leaderboard and see a guy in the 3rd round at -11, I know why I do not hit white balls for a living :laugh: If my vote means anything, I say it is great as it is and does not need a change. I appreciate very much the work you put into your recreations - very good stuff!
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

Polsad,

Take credit where credit is due. You have recreated three of the my favorite Open Championship courses- Murifield, Lythem & Annes, and the Old Course, to startlingly great results. And let's not forget the definitive PGA2k version of Augusta. You rank right next to Dale Somerfelt, in my estimation. And I have probably gotten more out of your Augusta and L&A tracks than any other two courses in the game.

L&A is by far my favorite Open track. Quirky even for links courses, and that is saying something.

Alex
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
smasha
Novice

Post by smasha »

Doesn't install.
I get a 339 runtime error.
smasha
Novice

Post by smasha »

The Liverpool.lib is missing.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Post by stillgolfing »

smasha wrote:The Liverpool.lib is missing.
Download it from this sites Courses List. It is listed with the Royal Lytham and St Anns course under Libraries. Then use Course Manager to add it to your "Courses" directory.
Cheers, Dave
When dyslexic golfers hit a wild shot, do they yell erof !? .... stillgolfing
smasha
Novice

Post by smasha »

stillgolfing wrote:
smasha wrote:The Liverpool.lib is missing.
Download it from this sites Courses List. It is listed with the Royal Lytham and St Anns course under Libraries. Then use Course Manager to add it to your "Courses" directory.
Cheers, Dave
Thank you.I found it in the library section.