Royal Lytham & St Annes by Polslad [New Course]

Reviews and feedback for courses and other game content.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Re: Royal Lytham & St Annes by Polslad [New Course]

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

According to various course design histories, pot bunkers were made over many centuries by sheep huddling on the lee side of dunes for protection against the wind. Over time their hooves dug down into the dirt, windblown sand filled them in, etc.

My question is, how in the world did sheep get in and out of those RLSA bunkers without a bloody ladder or elevator???
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Indy Anna Jones wrote: My question is, how in the world did sheep get in and out of those RLSA bunkers without a bloody ladder or elevator???
We could tell ewe, but then we would have to kill ewe.... baaaaaaaa
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Last evening, I went into Kali for a game. Wsoki (Ron, a tri-clicker) was in a game while waiting for others to show up. He was playing Royal Lytham with conditions set on short/dry/still.

He said, "Oh good, you are just in time to come in and verify my score". I thought it was a bit odd, but I joined his game as an observer to check his score. He had just finished 18 holes and had shot an unbelievable 50 (-21). :eek: He shot a -11 on the front, which featured a hole-in-one on #5 (around 200 yds).

The conditions were easier than we normally play, but still, to shoot that low, every shot has to be virtually perfect.

Congrats Ron,
Dar
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Post by Stan Nehilla »

Check Ron for steroids. :bg: :bg:
Stan
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

And that's why those of us who play in the room above you on TS call you all the "A Team," "big guns" and "big dogs." That was some superb shooting, Ron.

Dar did you ever participate in Copyright Club's off-line tourney? (It was an exercise in total frustration for me.) I can remember George and Terry and a few others posting anywhere from -50 to -80 for 4 rounds in tough conditions.

Hey, did I tell you I shot -9 for 18.... :(
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

But is he happy?
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

ARE YOU KIDDING! 50 I 've NEVER shot a round in the 50's. Close but no cigar.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Wow, I take a vacation and somebody turns in a possible new record for the game! I think I shot a 52 about 6 months ago.....with my clicker player................on 9 holes :( (The Way Home)
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

I'll have a couple of hot rounds then play like a 20-handicapper. I've had 10 straight red numbers twice in the past month; one on an NG course (no good, per Stan's rating) and again on Jocassee with moderate conditions, where I finished up with a 58, matching my best score ever. But then I'll follow that up with a plus number, so I'm not ready to play with the big dogs yet! Wind and moist/wet greens are still my killers.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Just wondering wether to revisit and tone down the pot bunkers on this course and re-release it?