Dismal Hollow GC by Spencer Turner [New Course]

Reviews and feedback for courses and other game content.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Re: Dismal Hollow GC by Spencer Turner [New Course]

Post by bryce »

The Good

This is a very nice course that provides a big challenge to anyone not hitting the fairways. The landing areas are narrow and as mentioned by everyone before, the heather is brutal! The greens are tricky on very dry, especially with a couple of pins on small mounds, but they putt very true. I really liked the planting, especially the combination of the grasses.

The Bad

Other than the pano, there was one tee box that was slightly tilted and I wasn't too fond of the size of the tee markers. That's it!

Overall

Dismal Hollow a definite keeper. Keep it out of the heather or you will have a dismal score! I think this is one of Spencer's best.
spencerturner
Scratch Golfer

Post by spencerturner »

Many thanks Bryce, glad you enjoyed your round. Sorry you did not approve of the tee markers. I thought they were a fitting match for the look of the course which is rather rugged. Again thank you for taking the time to comment. Spencer.
Craigus10
Scramble Player

Post by Craigus10 »

Nice course Spencer.

Some really tough holes, especially with some of the target style greens. The fairways are narrow but fair, and you really need to play straight to hit them. I liked the textures together, they worked well. The layout was well worked. I didn't notice the pano that much and it did blend well with the course textures.

Thanks for the course
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

I liked the bunkers on this course - smooth to look at and realistic to play from. In fact, I did not find any textures too punishing or too frustrating to play from (which is important to my family as we play with various skill levels). I think the textures work well in this design and blend as good as can be expected. I did not find any spikes or rough spots either. As a family, we were not really thrilled with the scenery (not really our genre of course I think) but we were pleased with the layout. Overall, I would say this is a nice effort and one you might want to download for yourself. Thanks Spencer, well done in our opinion :)
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Sticky, very sticky.
Stay out of the weeds and on the short stuff.
Hit the greens and you should score well.
Stray and be dammed!
Very much like real golf, which is all we should ask for from a course.