Royal Lytham

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Re: Royal Lytham

Post by stillgolfing »

As a newbie, I don't feel I'm knowledgeable enough about this game, the multitude of courses available, or the typical textures/details/features available to the designer, to attempt to review the courses I've played so far. Somewhere, down the line I will probably replay courses I enjoyed and come up with something constructive to say. In the interim, to further my education, I was wondering if the inconsistancy in the size and relationship of the galleries in this screen shot (18th RLSA) is an anomally within the Game/Course Architect or an oversite by the designer.
Thanks, Dave
Attachments
RLSA 18 th Crowds.jpg
(603.88 KiB) Not downloaded yet
When dyslexic golfers hit a wild shot, do they yell erof !? .... stillgolfing
Robert@
Shotmaker

Post by Robert@ »

Inconsistancy you refer to must be the height of the people in the gallery. When inserting a gallery into the Arch program its isnt done by placing them one at a time. The forest tool(which is used to plant hundreds of trees or shrubs at a time) is used to place the gallery. So every person in the crowd isnt exactly the same size ,the tool allows for some variation say 6ft + and - 2ft which means some will be 6 some will be 4 and some giants will be 8. Its not an anomally just an oversight on the forest tool gage when the spectators were placed. Then again maybe the people are huge in that part of the world, I think Polslad is like 9ft tall himself...lol
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

I got this one!
Robert, to the shame of myself, I never use the + or - when setting crowds, I make all the men 6', and all the women 5', I know, how sad is that?
The giants in this case are attached to the grandstand object, artistic license sometime means that we have to 'enlarge' the object to get the the desired affect/look that we want., hence making the people look larger.
I try to get around this by covering them with normal sized crowds, but sometimes, they will show.