Land Plots

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Re: Land Plots

Post by BrianZ111 »

DC#1 wrote:I don't mean to butt in on this thread but i've been wanting to do a real course and have read the tutorial on BrianZ site and still not sure how to do it. I would like to learn to do it myself so I could do a second if wanted. Maybe Brian could explain it and kill 2 Dave's in 1 thread. LOL Any help would be appreciated. Again didn't mean to hijack your thread Pols.
If you've got a specific question where you're getting stuck I'm happy to help. I don't really see how I can explain the whole process from start to finish any different then what I've already done though, sorry. Unfortunately it is a bit of a pain jumping between the different programs you have to use when trying to do this with free software. I have a program now called Global Mapper that does actually makes it a lot easier to crop terrain data and create matching satellite imagery. I haven't written a tutorial for it though because I doubt anyone here will be using it, it costs $400.

If you can't figure it out I can do the plot and imagery part for you like I'm doing for Polslad. It really isn't that much trouble.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Hi Brian,
Like I said, don't go to any trouble for me, it will be quite a while before I get around to starting a new project.

I have totally scrapped my ultimate 18, and are now working on re-routing and reworking the plot so all the holes flow together.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

OK, cool. I'll hold off for now then. With the masters on today I'll probably end up watching more of that. :bg:
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

Thanks Brian, I current am working on a course that is about 75% done. I'll go back and try it again, but don't worry for now this would be a little ways down the road. I really appreciate the offer. :)
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Post by Terry Grayson »

Brian did all the stuff yall are talking about for me with Quail Hollow... What I found was the global terrain work was almost spot on ... I walked this course numerous times, taking hundreds of pictures... Seems like the only spot I had to do a
lot of earth moving was around the 17th (which I never got to look right) but that wasn't Brians fault at all... His initial work made that course a breeze to build as I only had to add mostly the local terrain work....

So thanks to Brian again... I played it Saturday for the first time in ages... Still looks pretty good :)