Help Making a Library

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
ADC
Tour Contender

Help Making a Library

Post by ADC »

Hey, all.

I'm working on a new club called The Cardinal Club. It's very much inspired by Pinehurst #2 renovation last year. If you're unfamiliar, they recently pulled back the rough in places there. Here's a pretty good example.

http://72strokes.com/2010/10/pinehurst- ... storation/

I was wondering if I someone with Photoshop skills could help me out, as I'd like some good looking hole signs. BrianZ has a good tutorial on his site, and I like it, but I'm a poor hand with the program. Also, I was wondering if it were possible, even theoretically, for the signs to have a have a horizontal orientation, like this.

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/golf-hol ... 549781.jpg

Thanks,

Alex
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
ADC
Tour Contender

Re: Help Making a Library

Post by ADC »

Here's a preview of what I've been working on. I got the photos working, it's just getting it to fit in the game as a bmp.
Attachments
pilgrim voyage.jpg
(117.66 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Plymouth Rock.jpg
(118.8 KiB) Not downloaded yet
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Looking good Alex! I love the old wood look. Just remember you have to save as an 8 bit bmp file, as most programs will automatically save as a 24 bit .bmp file. If you just have a standard photo editor, such as Paint, you will not be able to save it in the necessary format. If you have photoshop then you should have no trouble with it.

Keep up the good work!

Doron
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

Here's an update, and a chance for me to brag about a great shot I hit this morning. I've done the main work for the first four holes. The detail work is rough, but the hole plays as I've intended. This is the fourth, a very long par 4, and is one of my favorites on the course. So far, it's turned out almost exactly the way I envisioned.

This shot shows part of what I wanted. Golf isn't always about sending it high and dropping it soft, especially from a recovery point of view. I loved hitting this shot, because it eneded up good, and the course reacted the way I'd hoped. The ground game lives!
Attachments
ground game.jpg
(207.26 KiB) Not downloaded yet