Uploading a course

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
timmo365
Weekend Duffer

Uploading a course

Post by timmo365 »

Does anyone have the length of time that's acceptable to wait for a course to be popped on the site. I used the uploading tool and followed the instructions e.g e-mail saying what you uploaded, and still no joy :( . Cheers :D
tincup
Legend of Golf

Re: Uploading a course

Post by tincup »

Sorry timmo

One step you missed was notifying me that you had uploaded a course. I don't normally look at the upload file unless notified that something has been uploaded.

I assume you are referencing the Southhampton course. Problem is, you uploaded the architect file (Southampton.ach). I need either the .crs file or an .XCR file.

Dar
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Timmo, go to the PGA 2000 Utilities link at the top of the page, then scroll down to PGA 2000 Design. Download and check out both the Copyright Club Design Tutorials. This is where you will learn how to convert your architect file into a course file, as well as letting you know how to add a course picture, music etc. I hope this helps, and can't wait to see your course!
timmo365
Weekend Duffer

Post by timmo365 »

Thanks guys, helpful information. Will do :D
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Timmo,
I got your message about uploading your course. I checked the upload file and don't see the course yet.
Did your upload go to completion?

Dar
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Tim,
I got the course this morning. It installed fine. I have prepared all the files and turned it over to Brian for finall installation on the server. It should be available shortly.

Dar
timmo365
Weekend Duffer

Post by timmo365 »

Very cool. I enjoyed the screenshots of #5 and #10 that were taken, the only Par 5 and short Par 4. Eleven was going to be a Par 5 too, but didn't enjoy the stroke hole being so high, even though it was tough to play. Thanks to all those that offered their help.

From,
Tim
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Timmo, I have been working hard on my own project to upload, but will give your course a whirl when I get home from work.