Muirfield 2013

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Muirfield 2013

Post by Polslad »

Must be mad, but I have started reworking my old plot to bring it up to this years Open Championship figuration.
A few new tees & bunkers, and a whole different texture set to match.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Re: Muirfield 2013

Post by bryce »

Oh yeah!!!
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

I just finished the 2nd round of The Open Championship at Muirfield. I'd say its a high B plus or A minus the way it is. It could use a few changes but you did a good job. I think the greens and fairways may have a few to many flat areas but I'm not tearing it up so far (-7) after 2 rounds. I'd love to see a new Royal Birkdale. It needs updated alot worse then Muirfield in my opinion. I'm sure your updated Muirfield will be better.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Love the version we have presently - I seem to do fairly well on it. I am guessing an update would toughen the layout up - that might help my game improve :laugh: . David, I am sure of one thing - I am so thankful for your work. Because of your efforts, I have some of my favorite courses for this game. Not one of them has been a disappointment and each one of them is a challenge. The toughest one for me is Royal Lytham - but I love the look of it and so it gets played quite a lot.

On a similar line, if anyone has an inkling to do it, I would love to have a version of Loch Lamond. Tom Weiskopf was one of my favorite golfers back in the day and I believe this course is his finest design to date. A course I would love to see updated would be Sunningdale - a layout the late Bobby Jones shined on, recording an unheard of 66 there as an amateur in 1926. I don't think the one we have now does the course justice.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Changes to layout made.
New tees added, bunkers removed or repositioned, fairways adjusted.
Just have to flesh it out now and put some meat on the bones.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Spent 2 days glued to the TV, me thinks I'm going to have to rethink and rework my rework to match the standard of the course we are seeing on the TV, especially the bunkers, they are a work of art on the real course.
Was also using the dark Glenmarnock textures, but looking at the real thing, it's a lot more sun bleached, I'm thinking maybe there is only Darnoch that gives that pale pallette?
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

David, glad to hear you are still giving it a shot! Darnoch is a good choice, you may also want to take a look at the Glenmarnock library. It looks similar to what I am seeing on tv as well.

Doron
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Guys',
I think I have just uploaded my version of Muirfield 2013 as played during this summers Open Championship.
It's been sat untouched on my PC for about 2 months, so I guess it's about as finished as its going to be.

If forget who I am supposed to e-mail about this, so for the record, the only two custom libraries used were Turnberry and Scotland Spring.

Hope someone gets a little enjoyment out of it.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

I will get it posted this weekend.