Kruger National Golf Links

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Re: Kruger National Golf Links

Post by LinksLegend »

Thanks for the thoughts Alex. We're you referring to the new hole being reminiscent of the Eden hole, or the original image I posted?

The original was a hole from Mill Creek I used just to library test (+ a little earth moving)

Cheers
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

Sorry, the rebuild looks like Eden to me.
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Post by LinksLegend »

Ah cool, gotcha. Well happy it resembles the Eden :) but it plays quite differently. The overhead would have given it away but hidden, flanking bunkers beyond those visible actually pose most of the problems, plus the green slopes front to back if anything unlike the dramatic back to front of the Eden, which is fair given the shorter length I hope. I did an Eden-style hole on Mamacs Retreat (17th?) - the green is pretty wild but hopefully on the limit of fair and playable. It's a great hole IRL, one of my favourites... Cheers!
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Duncan! I think your #11 (2nd pic.) works better with your pano. Very cool Might think about putting a Zebra or Giraffe somewhere in the distance. Just a thought.
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Post by LinksLegend »

I have plenty of that planned - although not for this hole. That said I've added some objects to give you an idea - a giraffe, a small herd of impala and a safari jeep...

LinksLegend
Club Champion

Post by LinksLegend »

Testing the view on short 16th...

sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Love the look :nod: :up:
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Duncan! One quetion about #16. How do you get from the tee to the green and the 17th tee? I do like the look.
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Post by LinksLegend »

Hi Steve, path was routed when the elevations were created. Haven't decided where 17 tee will be (or built the 15th either) but it will lead off from current path. You can see it to the left if you look hard. There is a school of thought where architects try to hide all paths etc so it doesn't spoil the aesthetic. I agree but in simulation golf sometimes its nice to show hints to add to the realism...

bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Very nice Duncan. The rocks look so real, and this hole looks incredible!

Doron