Kruger National Golf Links

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Re: Kruger National Golf Links

Post by LinksLegend »

Steve - ouch! Start from scratch on planting? That's probably 20 man hours of work with all the resizing I did with specific objects. Prob best to do a clean install again - I couldn't face having to do all the planting again :(

Cheers
LL
Pyecraft
Scratch Golfer

Post by Pyecraft »

I will finish it when winter comes and work slows down.
Ha but ... winter's here already Duncan, c'mon now get on with it :)

Finally able to scratch the operating insult that is windows10 off my laptop, and reloaded W7 with PGA installed as first order of business. Even after a complete disk cleanup it still took eight and a half hours to completely defrag ..... just shows the bloat within W10, the whole defrag felt like one huge, long Sunday afternoon fart.

Sacrificed all Snowdonia files as part of the bargain, but already enjoying working on a new pano for another crack at it. Its nice to read that there's still the odd course in the works, who knows perhaps by the Spring we'll see a few uploads?
May the only balls you slice be your own
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Post by LinksLegend »

Ok - so getting back to the grind here :)

Have finished building the practice range, just need to properly plant it. I've put a few key focus objects in but need to do all the bushes, rocks and trees so WIP looks like the attached.

Will update every now and then as I go.

Cheers
D
Attachments
Practice-Range.jpg
(864.01 KiB) Not downloaded yet
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

Hi Duncan, I know you have put a lot of hours into this course and had crashes. Is this course dead or can you give us an update. This has been a long time in the making. Just wondering. I hope all is well with you.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Hello to Dave and all
I've also been thinking about Kruger National off and on here lately. I volunteered the task of finishing this great course several years ago so I know first hand all about this course. Unfortunately I ran into all sorts of problems and had to replant everything then still was having problems and gave it up as a sad lost cause. But now that the game seems to be running the way it used to If I can find the old arch file I may try again to finish it if Duncan can't. NO PROMISES.
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

Hey Steve, was it due to point count or something else causing it to crash, not that it really matters?
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

I had several Issues and point count was one of them. Thinking back I also believe there is probably a corrupt file in the library
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

Those 2 things can cause all kinds of problems.