Jocassee V2

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Jocassee V2

Post by bryce »

I'm going to post some comparison pics, much like LinksLegend has done for his improvements on Abernathy Park. The 3rd hole has been quite a challenge, having a large 'waste' area. I had contemplated getting rid of it, but I think it may just work where and how it already is. Tell me what you think.

From the tee: NOTE: I put the camera in the location of the new tee for volume 2, so the old Jocassee pic is actually in the trees
jocassee3tee.jpg
(940.67 KiB) Not downloaded yet
The approach from the fairway:
jocassee3.jpg
(993.38 KiB) Not downloaded yet
The green:
jocassee3green.jpg
(810.64 KiB) Not downloaded yet
For anyone who has played Jocassee, the 3rd green is almost unputtable on dry or very dry and will not hold an incoming shot. I have smoothed it out a little and added a collection area. Without trying to change the course too much, the 3rd hole will look and play almost like the original does. I'll put some more pics up after Christmas.

Doron
ADC
Tour Contender

Re: Jocassee V2

Post by ADC »

Bryce,

lookign fantastic. That's always been one of my favorite holes on Jocasee.
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Doron! I really like what you've done so far. Keep up the good work
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Now that the holidays are over, I have some time to get back to this remake. Here is the par 5 6th hole from the new tee location:
jocasse6tee.jpg
(607.12 KiB) Not downloaded yet
This hole is an eagle opportunity on the old version, as it wraps around the trees. With the tees back 25 more yards, it is still very reachable.

I'll try to keep some more pics coming as I go along.

Doron
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

I've added a few yards to most of the holes just to make the holes work for the bigger hitters. Alot of Dicksons fairways ran out at around 275 yards, such as the 7th hole pictured below. I am going hole by hole so across the water you will see that I have not planted or redone anything yet.

The 7th tee with about 12 extra yards added:
7tee.jpg
(490.16 KiB) Not downloaded yet
From where the fairway is now as opposed to being in a pile of rocks before:
7fairway.jpg
(570.01 KiB) Not downloaded yet
And a look at the refinished green:
7green.jpg
(464.03 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Currently, I have about 11 holes done. If I can make myself sit down and do the work, instead of watching sports, I could be finished in a couple of weeks. :rolleyes:

Doron
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Doron! Like the changes. Keep up the good work. Looking forword to its release.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

I have 15 holes finished, but have not play tested for a month until last night......so now I need to go back and redo some greens :/ OOPS! I've been trying my best to keep as much original work as I could, but half of the greens are unplayable on very dry or even dry conditions. I've been lazy with basketball and playing golf. I'm going on a beach golf trip at the end of February, and I WILL get this done before then. No excuses!!

By the way, I have lengthened the course by over 250 yards to accomodate the play of the likes of Dar and Terry!

More pics when I have playtested some more.

Doron
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

I have redone some of the greens, and now will share some of what I have. This first pic is of the par 3 8th hole. I have lengthened it by about 30 yards, so the camera angle is from the new tee. New hole is on the left, old on the right in all of the pics:
jocasee8.jpg
(606.71 KiB) Not downloaded yet
This is from about 275 yards out on the par 5 9th hole.
jocassee9.jpg
(383.84 KiB) Not downloaded yet
This is from the new tee on the driveable 12th hole, which is now going to be visible from the tee.
jocassee12.jpg
(515.34 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I'll post some more in the next few days.
Doron
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

I'm about 98% finished, and just have to check on the small things, like "are the tee boxes flat?" I was doing some last minute mounding around the 17th fairway, and this happened:
jocasseemess.jpg
(286.58 KiB) Not downloaded yet
It's not the 'broken glass' look that we have all seen from time to time, but just when I zoomed out a little bit. It looked normal while zoomed in closer, and went away when I saved and reopened the arch file. It comes back when I do some elevation work, but so far, has had no effect on playability or doing more work on the file.

Does anyone know what this is?

Doron
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Doron! For some reason your define holes button is on when you zoom out.