Eden Prairie Golf Club

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
ADC
Tour Contender

Eden Prairie Golf Club

Post by ADC »

Hey, all. Here's what I'm up to. Sorry I posted without a picture last time.
Attachments
Eden Prairie No. 1.jpg
(257.54 KiB) Not downloaded yet
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
Thunder91166
Weekend Duffer

Re: Eden Prairie Golf Club

Post by Thunder91166 »

Looks great, any progress on this course?
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Alex! Reminds me a little of Beth Page. Looking forward to more updates.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Alex, I agree with Steve about it looking very Bethpage like.....which is a good thing! It looks like a tough driving hole too.

Doron
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

So, Eden Prairie is built from a plot I took from the real town of Eden Prairie, MN, on the outer edge of the the Twin Cities. It's in the "neighborhood" of Halzetine National and Interlachen. I'm trying for something that resembles the works of Allister Mckenzie. The reason it looks a lot like Bethpage is because it does. I'm not as skilled as others when it comes to library creation, so the goal here is to build 18 holes of gold, focusing on a course that is challenging and fair shot for shot.

Currently, I'm about 80% done with 9 holes. The other 9 are still quite blank, and I've not been able to work on it since before Christmas. Here's a few looks at holes 5 and 6.

PS, that's 18 holes of GOLF, Gold is a high standard I'll let others indicate for me.
Attachments
5.jpg
Hole 5 drops over 50 from tee to fairway.
(235.57 KiB) Not downloaded yet
6.jpg
Like most holes at Eden Prairie, the 6th runs from ridge top to ridge top.
(270.62 KiB) Not downloaded yet
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

Hey, all. Here's an update. The finished look of hole #1. I know the textures are Bethpage. Since custom libraries are still something I'm struggling with, the challenge here is to make 18 holes of golf with the emphasis on strategic shotmaking.
Attachments
EPGC 1 Out to the Wall.jpg
(251.85 KiB) Not downloaded yet
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

A very nice looking hole Alex! Strategically, the layout looks pretty good. If you are looking to make it more challenging, keep the fairway less than 30 yards wide. It still looks like a formidable tee shot.

Keep up the good work!
Doron
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Alex! Glad to see your still working on this course. Looking forward to its release. There's plenty of good libraries avalible so don't fill bad about not creating your own custom library.