Course Sounds

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Course Sounds

Post by LinksLegend »

So I've been trying to add sounds to my contest course which is fine, until I go back in to the architect and they appear to move all over the place. Anyone experienced this or know a work around?

Thanks,
Duncan
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Course Sounds

Post by SteveHorn »

Yes I've had this happen numerous times. I screwed up the first couple of times and ended up either rearanging them or starting over. Hopefully you have saved your game and you can just x out and not save it. When you start the arcitect again it should be fine unless you saved it after it messed up. I also think this only happens when you have the sounds showing on the architect and you add to it. I only occasonally look to see if the sounds are still their or If I need to edit a sound.
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Post by LinksLegend »

Hi Steve - thanks for coming back to me. I experienced the exact same. As long as I laid all the sounds out in one sitting and compiled, and then didn't try to do any more it seems to work fine. Just don't make a mistake...! ;) :up:
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Post by Terry Grayson »

LInks

I have had this happen on a course several times and found out why... When you are working in the architect, after placing sounds be sure to hide
them in the options menu before closing out... Normally they get all jumbled up when you reopen the architect with them turned on..

Also I have noticed zoom out to the default zoom level before turning them on to place a new sound or it can move them all over the place as well...
Doesnt always happen but it has to me several times..
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Post by LinksLegend »

Hey Terry,

How did I know you'd have the answer? :) Thanks mate - will remember that one!
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Post by Terry Grayson »

LinksLegend wrote:Hey Terry,

How did I know you'd have the answer? :) Thanks mate - will remember that one!
If there has been a problem with the architect I have so experienced it bud....

Hope it helped...

Terry
Robert D. Wagers
Shotmaker

Post by Robert D. Wagers »

I had this happen to me once as well.... I started making-sure to zoom out all-the-way before closing the Arch.
I actually planted a sound once in a Ripped Section of the landplot and it caused the Arch/Game to Crash each time. It was fine until I got to that section of the course, then it just crashed. That's why the sounds stop on Tomahawk. I just said in my Gangster Voice: "FuhGet-about-It!" Most people I know have the sounds turned-off anyway!
RDW
Mr Whiffle
Range Rookie

Post by Mr Whiffle »

that Mr Grayson is the Yoda of the course architect. He always has the answers for all us fledgling designers. Well done Terry.