Contest Course Progress

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Contest Course Progress

Post by SteveHorn »

Doron! Don't fill bad because your not finished yet. Its no big deal and besides someone had to be first done as well as last. I'm just glad that we have 5 courses to judge. Any less would be a disapointment as far as total number for this contest.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

bryce wrote: Where do we get the scoring sheet? I like the idea of a numeric score as oppossed to a vote....so long as it's not as tedious as the past judging sheets. I also think that contest designers should be able to vote on all courses except their own, but who would want to judge their own anyways?

Doron
Doron,
I don't think there will be a formal "scoring sheet". After reviewing a course, you just come up with your number (1-1000) for that course and pass it to me for recording.

Dar
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Are we scoring all 5 courses entered ( 4 courses if a designer of one ) or your top 3 ?
Dar! You may have to be careful about total entries for each course since some of us can only vote for other designers courses. Also it may vary if we only score our top 3.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Steve,

Score as many of them as you want (except yours if you are are a designer). I have no top 3. I will submit my scores just like everyone else. Some people may vote on only one or two courses and others may score all five.... doesn't matter.

My spreadsheet has five columns for courses and one row for each voter. I will have every score submitted, by course and who submitted it. I will be able to tell immediately if a designer voted for their own course. In fact, I can block those entries on the spreadsheet so that cannot happen.

Dar
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

I know you don't want anyone to feel bad but as somebody who never scored well in the original hole by hole contest, I never liked the top 3 only voting system. It meant I didn't get votes very often and therefore didn't get much feedback on my designs. Just my two cents anyway. It probably makes sense to still let people who don't have time to play all the courses still vote on the ones they did play though. I assume Dar is going average the scores or something like that to deal with the inconsistent amount of votes a course may get.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

BrianZ111 wrote:I assume Dar is going average the scores or something like that to deal with the inconsistent amount of votes a course may get.
Yep... that is what I plan to do. :nod:

Dar
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Is the voting open to anyone here or just the designers involved? Our online group are usually quick to DL and play new courses and I think Gary, Jack and I would be interested in voting, or I could take their comments and add them to my own.
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Post by Stan Nehilla »

Everyone votes.
Stan
A Brandt
Club Champion

Post by A Brandt »

I'm very excited to start judging! I think this is the best way to do it, just let everyone come up with their own scoring system as long as they end up with a number 1-1000.

Now I just have to iron out the details for the next contest!!
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Dar! I think we should post a thread under general discusion so more people are informed about the contest judging and or format A.S.A.P. I'll leave that to your discretion. I just don't think everyone is following this thread closely enough and may miss out on playing and judging before the deadline.